As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Reporting to the Corporate Manager of Supply Chain Systems, incumbent is responsible for the analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, training, implementation, and support of both existing and new operations and information systems at an advanced/specialized level. Additionally, the incumbent acts as a liaison between technical representatives (hospital, vendors, and consulting agencies) and end user personnel to ensure and maintain accurate communication and understanding. Incumbent may be required to perform some technical tasks and may work as part of a project team or independently
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Requires a strong functional understanding of business processes and data structures for core PeopleSoft modules; specifically Purchasing and eProcurement. Expect the employee to stay current on existing and future technologies with PeopleSoft and other third party applications interfacing with PeopleSoft, including Prodigo Solutions.
* Researches data requirements, data flow and data control points from various departments within the hospital by meeting with department heads and administrative personnel to identify, define and record functionality and problems which exist within current applications. Identifies and translates business requirements into functional design specifications to enhance current performance, functionality and data control.
* Performs business analysis and applies PeopleSoft and healthcare industry knowledge to develop functional solutions to business problems or identify and recommend process improvement opportunities to meet the needs of Partners HealthCare and the Supply Chain Management department.
* Works jointly with Information Systems personnel to assess, scope and design any changes to the PeopleSoft system or other third party applications, including Prodigo Solutions.
* Creates test scripts, perform test scenarios and document results in accordance with pre-established standards. Performs and coordinates functional testing, unit testing, integration testing and end user acceptance testing.
* Performs system upgrades on a scheduled basis and validate system is working as developed and designed, before rolling out to users.
* Develops, enhances, tests and implements PeopleSoft queries to support business processes and metrics.
* In conjunction with users, defines organizational impacts and develops end user training materials, schedule and conduct training sessions to all Partners HealthCare entities and/or internal SCM employees as needed.
* Provides implementation support as well as on-going production support by troubleshooting, resolving and communicating issues, related to the respective PeopleSoft modules, in a professional and timely manner.
* Assumes complete responsibility for minor projects or significant tasks within a major project including delegation of tasks and written and oral presentations to hospital community. Monitors task assignments to ensure they are performed on schedule, within intended scope, and to a defined level of quality.
* Communicates project status to management to include but not limited to written status reports, emails, detailed specification of design development, training, test plans and updates to work plan. Additionally, responsible for communicating project status to functional owner.
* Performs data maintenance and security setup, following pre-defined standards, audit processes and protocols.
* Executes PeopleSoft queries and performs basic data analysis using Microsoft Excel and/or Access.
* Coordinates with other team members to assure consistency and optimization of overall work product.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree or 3 years Supply Chain/Accounts Payable experience.
* Experience in a large hospital or healthcare system is preferred
* Experience working with PeopleSoft Financials/Supply Chain 9.2 or higher; with knowledge of PeopleSoft modules: Inventory, Purchasing, eProcurement and Expenses
* Experience with Prodigo Solutions preferred.
* Knowledge of supply chain procure-to-pay processes is preferred
* Good working knowledge of computers with application experience in Microsoft Office 365; specifically Excel, Word and Powerpoint
* Microsoft Access knowledge a plus
* PeopleSoft Query development knowledge is preferred
* Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
* Strong analytical skills, problem solving, written and verbal skills are necessary
* Must be able to work independently, but also within a team environment
* Ability to multi-task
* Must be adaptable and flexible to changes in priority and direction
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to learn and operate new applications and systems
* Good communication and presentation skills
* Must have a strong attention to detail
* Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds an levels within and external to the organization
* Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
* Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
* Possible local travel to Partners sites
* Able to work in an office setting
* Work in a team environment with minimal supervision
* Comfortable and capable of working remotely
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.