JP Morgan Chase
Pen Testing Engineer - Cybersecurity
Req #: 190034129
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Job Category: Technology
CTC (Cybersecurity & Technology Controls)
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
We are looking for multi-disciplined forward-looking technologists like you with diverse backgrounds and experiences including in areas such as cybersecurity, big data, machine learning risk management and controls, compliance and oversight, cloud security.
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The role is part of a global cyber security assessments team delivering next generation application and infrastructure testing. Primary focus of this role would be to perform hands on penetration testing of some of the most critical applications, platforms, and the perimeter within JPMC. Successful candidates will have excellent knowledge of security concepts, significant experience, and proven expertise in application, mobile, web & infrastructure assessments.
* 5+ years of experience with penetration testing against a wide variety of applications including web, mobile, and thick client above and beyond running automated tools
* Experience with penetration testing against internal and external facing corporate infrastructures
* Understanding of Security architecture both from a penetration testing and design point of view
* Experience working with application developers to not only understand root cause and mitigate vulnerabilities, but also to identify where vulnerabilities can be identified earlier in the SLDC and provide recommendations for automation, and vulnerability 'avoidance'.
* Experience of enhancing developer velocity and removing friction in the development lifecycle
* Experience developing and executing on technical transformational within assessments of vulnerability management.
* Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
* Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
* Experience with cloud and container security (Private/Public) at enterprise.
* Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
* Application, Infrastructure, & Cloud testing methodologies
* Architecture design and assessment (manual approach to penetration testing)
* Application and infrastructure vulnerabilities
* Exploit research and mitigation
* Assessment tools, such as scanners, administrative utilities, local proxies, debuggers, fuzzers, etc.
* Web technologies, solutions and attack vectors that apply to application technologies
* Threat modeling methodologies
* Security source code review or development experience in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, or Java
* Application reverse engineering techniques and procedures
* IDS and AV evasion techniques
Tech at JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.