Vice President - Software Engineering - Full-Stack developer
Req #: 190055459
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
As a member of the Technology Lifecycle & License Catalogue team you will responsible for the design and architecture of the strategic product catalog solution for Global Technology. In the team leadership capacity, you will need to have both hands-on development skills of APIs, complex rules engine and UIs as well as strategic vision and stakeholder engagement. You will be responsible for the overall quality including code, security, testing, monitoring, logging, exception management, operability, and maintainability while embracing principles such as API-first design, continuous integration and delivery, DevOps, and automated testing. Relationship building and leadership are critical aspects of this role, you will be required to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and collaborate and build relationships with other development teams, operations partners, and business clients.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Proficiency in modern programming languages - Java, Java-based frameworks (Spring, Maven), Python
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Extensive experience in full-stack development including Java, AngularJS, Python etc
* Experience developing & managing development of complex business analysis models, preferably in support of volume capacity and forecasting initiatives.
* Demonstrated knowledge of data warehousing concepts and exposure to one or more database management tools like Oracle, SQL Server etc
* The team is completely agile, hence knowledge and adaptability of agile best practices are a must
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.