Java Software Engineer - REST, Web Services, JSON
Req #: 190062067
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients' success.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
* Design and develop solutions for CB-Customer Experience Business unit.
Translate business requirements to a high level technical design and implementation.
* Articulate use cases and create in-depth analysis to support business & product. Develop, Deploy and support applications in a mission-critical production environment.
* Effectively manage stakeholder expectations, facilitate decision-making by providing right level of information and timely escalation, when required.
Candidate will be expected to have strong technical skills, Business/System analysis skills, and possess excellent inter-personal skills.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or minimum 7+years of equivalent work experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages Java
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Proficient with core and advanced java including multi-threading, server side development, Service Oriented Architecture
* Experienced with REST, Web Services, JSON, xml
* Experience working in multi-time zone teams.
* Experience building high volume systems with real-time performance and read and write capabilities.
* Strong understanding of data modelling, and experience interfacing with major RDBMS and DWH systems.
* Hands-on experience using BigData warehouse using Hadoop, BigData Ecosystem
* Hands-on experience with cloud computing, AWS or Azure.
* Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a 'can-do' attitude
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.