Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman is seeking a PC Network Technician to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Provide desktop support and troubleshooting of interoperability issues.
* Work closely with other IT organizations and Computer Security to ensure solutions best meet the requirements within the Customer approved, existing infrastructure.
* Resolve problems involving new or existing hardware/software
* Research vendor documentation and work with other supporting organizations in SCIS and the Enterprise for troubleshooting solutions.
* Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, cables, and connectors.
* Provides personal computer, hardware, and software support.
* Installs, services, and repairs personal computers.
* Connects personal computers to existing data networks.
* Maintains network diagrams and records.
* Maintains trouble logs.
* Instructs users in the use of personal computers and networks.
* Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
ESCSO Basic Qualifications:
* High school diploma or equivalent and 4 years of Windows Desktop Administration or related work experience.
* Candidates must have a current DOD Top Secret level security clearance (or higher) with an original adjudication, or a periodic re-investigation date, completed within the last 6 years to be considered.
* Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, a Special Access Programs (SAP/SAR) level clearance as a condition of continued employment.
* Current IAM DoD level 1 Security certification (CAP, GSLC or Security CE).
* Must be able to lift equipment up to 40 lbs.
* Associate's degree or other 2 year technical degree and 3 years of related experience.
* Experience with VSM service management software.
* Additional certification - Network , A .
* Significant experience with desktop customer service working in a large enterprise environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.