At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a PC Network Support Tech 2 to join our offices in Northridge, CA.
* This position may be filled at a level 3
* Provide primary, secondary and tertiary support for users of desktop computers and peripherals. Provide primary support for client computer access to network resources.
* Install, configure and maintain computer hardware, peripherals and applications consistent with IT standards and processes.
* Coordinate issues and solutions with other IT support personnel and users.
* Work as a member of a team and provide off hours support when required.
* Use a Help Desk tracking system to document issues and resolutions.
* Ensure compliance with established company security policies and accepted risk impact to the business.
* Maintain configuration management documentation.
* Perform system or network administrative functions at the primary level.
* Assist users via remote support tools or at the user's desk.
* 2-4 years of related experience of desktop/IT support
* High School Diploma
* Very knowledgeable in Microsoft Operations systems (Windows 7 and 10 Professional and familiarity with Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012) and windows networking
* Configure network clients and workstations via Ethernet based infrastructure
* Understand and use various ghosting/image duplication programs for the deployment of network workstations to include but not limited to SCCM
* Knowledge of IOS devices
* Work independently on assigned projects as well as be part of an overall team efforts (multi-task)
* Time management
* Configure and trouble shoots Microsoft Exchange Email clients
* Work with a team to perform quick computer equipment lease returns and deployments
* Perform basic Active Directory task such as password resets, adding/removing user groups
* Understand and implement network shares to include setting folder and user permissions
* Basic understanding of a VOIP technologies
* Diagnose and mitigate basic network connectivity issues
* Quickly determine user issues and take action to solve problems
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be available to provide off hours support when required
* Must have ability to lift, maneuver, move and/or carry printers, servers, workstations, uninterruptable power supplies and telephone equipment. Ability to crouch, bend and stoop under desks or tables; to occasionally lift up to 50lbs; and to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel to move and lift computers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.