The Partner Technical Architect (PTA) role, focused on ISVs, is key to Microsoft's partner engagement strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization (OCP). The goal is to assess, enable and build partner's technical capability, and lead technical activities for building solutions. The PTA should possess deep solution and technical expertise to be able to lead technical activities and drive high priority initiatives. The role will need to develop required solutions and build partner technical capacity by working with assigned list of ISVs through the Build-With lifecycle. The PTA will own the technical engagement including envisioning briefings, technical briefings, business architecture, solution architecture, architectural design reviews, proof of concept, and manage specific implementation programs with corresponding Proofs of Concept plans. The focus of the role evidences Microsoft's deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial technical and practice development relationship by working closely with partner technical leadership. The PTA represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our tech strategy, sells our vision, and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, accelerate cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of practices leading to workload/industry-based co-sell.
* Deep understanding of cloud computing, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
* Ability to create deep technical relationships and assess level of the partner technical roles, designing a time effective learning path and evaluate the progress toward the defined milestones.
* 5+ years of experience in Dynamics 365
* Experience with the Power Platform technologies and ecosystem preferred
* Recommended domain knowledge areas
o Deep technical skill on business application platform, technical components of the Dynamics 365 platform, and significant experience in the relevant practice area and technology focus.
o Orchestration of application development lifecycle
o Experience in vertical industries, proven by projects/solutions implemented with substantial business processes covering Financial and Insurance, Manufacturing, Consumer Goods, Healthcare/Life Sciences, Retail, or other business to consumer industry scenarios.
o Understand how to leverage technology solutions for supporting business goals, providing guidance on supported and not supported technical scenarios. Capability to design and implement practice-based architectures or equivalent competitive experience.
* Successful PTAs are lifelong learners with a strong technical pedigree, an evangelist and enabler by nature. PTAs must have a strong technical network to drive technical influence inside the partner ecosystem, frequently recognized as a valuable influencer and expert inside the community.
* 10+ years of related experience in technology solutions development, Cloud / Infrastructure technologies. Knowledge of MS platform preferable, project management, technical Sales, and technical account management.
* Extensive experience of collaborating with virtual teams across functions and geographies:
o Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
o Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
* Strong evangelist presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
* Knowledge of Azure services, with emphasis in IoT and ML
* Ability to surface product issues, feeding back data and insights that accelerate fixes and updates
* Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
* Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background required. MS in related fields desirable.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* The Partner Technical Architect (PTA) will drive practice-based partner technical capabilities in collaboration with the PTS. This is a partner facing role that is accountable for developing and support practices in both existing and newly recruited partners. Key responsibilities include:
* Delivers value via a portfolio of technical engagements optimized to accelerate IP development on Dynamics 365 and/or Power Platform
* Deliver deep level technical activities, executing on the defined learning path and developing technical aspects of key scenarios defined in the technology roadmap. Enable and lead activities with the partner as Envisioning Briefings, Architecture Design Session (ADS), Proof of Concept projects, architecture guidance on building solutions.
* Enable the partner via envisioning and technical briefings to identify technology opportunities that enable and/or support the creation of differentiated offers in the market.
* Enable the partner to be successful during pre-sales activities which includes delivery of Proof of Concepts (POC), Pilots, Prototypes, Demos and technical blockers and objections removal.
* Enable the partner to discover ways to automate solution to reduce costs and create repeatability, while documenting processes for knowledge retention and IP, and supporting the co-sell of these solutions through Microsoft's digital marketplace.
* Collaborate with engineering on building partner-led IP for vertical industries and regional localization solutions.
* Build strong relationships with partner technical and development resources to design and architect new Cloud Business solutions
* Develops a multi-cloud technology adoption roadmap and advices partners on its execution according to business priorities
* Serves as SME across Power Platform and Dynamics 365 technologies at a 300 level
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.