Do you enjoy being the first one to try out a new technology? Are you passionate about developing apps and experiences that millions of customers will use and love? Would you embrace the opportunity to inspire other developers in the community through open-source contributions? If so, we would love for you to join us.
The Essential Experiences team, a part of the Experiences and Devices (E+D) group, is passionate about shipping the right set of first-party app experiences to Microsoft 365 customers to drive strong customer sentiment.
We are responsible for a well-established portfolio of core inbox apps on Windows that reach millions of users every day. We strive to serve our customers by evolving and innovating our features/products, reaching customers in new ways (not just on a PC), and scale how we build our products through engaging the open-source community - all of this while maintaining an extremely high app quality bar.
We are now looking for a Principal Software Engineer to help us design and develop the next set of essential first party experiences that will run on existing PCs, Surface devices, and new upcoming devices.
You will be a champion of app development and design through innovating in shared and open source technology and driving efficient engineering processes. Your work will directly impact the most essential Microsoft apps and hundreds of developers.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 10 years professional development of user experiences
* Strong passion and creativity for building user experiences on Windows, iOS, Android
* Professional experience building and debugging software for Windows client (e.g. C++, C#, XAML), Web (e.g. HTML5, PWA, React.js), or native mobile development (e.g. iOS, Android)
* Shipped products using and contributing to open source
* Experience with a range of platforms
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Together we will:
* Design, develop, and ship new features and app experiences for Windows 10 and other platforms
* Develop strong collaboration with the PM team, design teams, Windows OS, and Surface teams
* Participate in the open source community by sharing code and best practices that can inspire other developers
* Actively communicate plans, status, and feature dependencies with management and partner teams
* Contribute to the team vision, strategy, an inclusive team culture, and product roadmap
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.