This is your chance to impact the future of storage by contributing to the tools and technologies underpinning Azure's platform. Our team's innovative solutions are used to build and optimize the hardware that power some of Microsoft's most important and strategic projects in the cloud. Our collaborative and inclusive team is looking for software engineers with a passion for data storage systems and/or biotechnology.
As part of the AI and Advanced Architecture team, you would join a cross-discipline team of highly capable and motivated people in the Azure Hardware Systems Group. This unique team is tasked with inventing and deploying innovative hardware, tooling and architectures that differentiate the Azure ecosystem, deliver strategic impact to Microsoft, and democratize hardware development to empower our customers to benefit as well. Our work spans the stack from physics to solutions, and across domains including deep learning, storage, and networking. Our team's building blocks are used by a fast-growing number of Microsoft engineering groups and customers to make large intelligent systems feasible, efficient, performant, and cost-effective. This is your chance to work on the future of IT.
* At least 10 years of professional experience in software development
* Demonstrated ability to architect, write, and test modular and bug-free code in C/C++/C#, python, PowerShell, and/or bash
* Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of professionals
* Ability to work autonomously under ambiguity, organize information, and take calculated risks
* Experience architecting and implementing robust, high-performance distributed systems
* Experience with file system/storage architecture definition and/or development
* Experience developing web apps and back-ends for Azure, and Microsoft build systems
* Experience with architecture and/or development of genomics software
* Experience with encoder/decoder software development (e.g., image encoding, compression, encryption, etc.)
* A BA/BS, MS or PhD in computer science, engineering, biology or related field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The DNA data storage team is a diverse group working at the intersection of computer science, engineering and biology. We are looking for an experienced software development engineer to maintain and improve our software pipeline and data storage system. Daily tasks may include gathering requirements from researchers, wet laboratory staff, and data storage teams; architecting systems and interfaces; creating visual interfaces; building or optimizing encoder, decoder, and data analysis components, as well as our software pipeline as a whole.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.