Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTechs 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nations most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Network/Systems Engineer, in the Herndon, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The ISS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customers success is driving our growth.
Are you looking for a small cohesive team that offers flexible hours and a large amount of technical autonomy Are you always seeking out and utilizing new technologies to apply them in the production infrastructure of a unique customer set? Look no further! Our current operations are done primarily outside of the confines of a SCIF. We are dedicated to the mission but we understand the importance of a unified and fun working atmosphere. The candidate needs to enjoy technology as well as finding new innovative ways of solving current business needs and building new technical ideas and concepts.
For this position we are seeking a candidate with a strong network engineering and administration background. The candidate should either have experience in networking technologies or a desire to expand their networking knowledge and capabilities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Build out new architectures as needed and maintain secure networked system best practices
* Perform routine maintenance at the operating system and network level
* Assist with troubleshooting and fixing system/network problems (Linux, Windows, Cisco)
* Make modifications to accommodate hardware and network upgrades/refreshes
* The individual is required to document activities and work within a tight knit team environment
* Infrequently but as required, work any extended shifts to support the customers mission
* A willingness to further knowledge by continuing education or formal training
* Have a passion for technology and process improvement
* General knowledge of a wide range of cyber and other technical fields
* System Administration/Engineering (preferably Linux and Windows)
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as ESX, Linux KVM
* A high degree of familiarly with Layer 2 and 3 network engineering and troubleshooting
* VPN technologies and troubleshooting them
Experience/Skills with at least 2 of the following:
* Routing concepts (with systems such as Linux/Cisco Routers and ASAs)
* Experience with cloud servers and provisioning e.g. AWS EC2, Linode, Digital Ocean, etc.
* Familiarity with monitoring frameworks like Nagios
* Experience with Dev Ops tools such as Ansable
* Backup and restore solutions
* Scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell (1 or 2 of)
* Cisco or Linux Certifications
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure,Ability to use MS Office,Ability to use PC,Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills,Interpersonal and People Skills,Leadership Skills,Listening Skills,MultiTasking Ability,Oral and Written Communication Skills,Organizational Skills,TeamBuilding Skills
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.