What you'll be doing...
This position will be a part of the Network Security Risk Management & Compliance team with emphasis on designing and architecting security solutions to support the network. This architect will be responsible for limiting exposure to the network infrastructure / platforms. The architect has duty to work with asset owners in developing solutions that meet all security controls. The Security Architect will be responsible for architecture, developing and delivering solutions that protect network systems, applications, and data by establishing policies, practices and tools that prevent unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or disruption.
* Demonstrate extensive knowledge and/or proven record of success in security architecture principles or another technical domain related to design that is applied in the context of a broader technical understanding
* Contribute to the development of new subject matter or technical domain related to Security Architecture & Risk Management
* Demonstrate extensive abilities and/or proven record of success in the following areas: resolving multi-faceted problems by continuously applying significant independent judgment and by collaborating with others, balancing business stakeholders and a centralized cyber security organization; navigating a matrix organization, collaborating with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skillsets
* Effectively navigate diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive and collaborative environment to realize beneficial security governance solutions.
* Facilitate security governance conversations with diverse security, IT and business stakeholders and help ensure positive and deliberate outcomes.
* Manage project tasks with urgency and purpose to allow for swift movement in developing governance related initiatives.
* Deliver and report key metrics to provide stakeholders situational awareness regarding enterprise control and standards adoption.
* Consistently deliver high quality work products that fully address the criteria for which they were intended.
* Deconstruct complex security processes and solutions to identify relevant risk areas, potential control points, and provide sound recommendations for risk treatment.
* As a contributor, take ownership for assigned areas of responsibility and effectively manage work load to meet team deadlines.
* Effectively communicate in written form and verbally to leadership and executives.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with ISO 27001-2, NIST 800-53, or other security frameworks.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Information Systems, Technology, Information Assurance, Information Security or related field.
* Experience in Information Security, Technology, IT Operations, or Security Risk Management.
* Certifications: CRISC, CISSP, CISM, GSEC
* Knowledge of emerging technology/ regulations and the security governance implications.
* Experience implementing standards, policies and controls.
* Knowledge of Secure Operating System Configuration principles.
* Knowledge of cyber security risk management concepts, cybersecurity frameworks, control standards, secure coding principles, and security technologies.
* Knowledge of information security fundamentals, best practices and industry standards with responsibilities of protecting information assets.
* Knowledge of Verizon business operations and knowledge of the foundational technologies used across environments.
* Experience in security risk management while considering business drivers and implications.
* Interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
* Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to complex business issues.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.