What you'll be doing...
As a Solution Architect, formulate solutions, including collecting customer requirements and assessing solution alternatives based on tradeoffs in cost, performance, reliability and security, and partner with the Network, Business and other IT teams to recommend the most appropriate solution for the business projects. You will manage the execution process of one of the biggest investment that Verizon is making in next few years in modernizing the Billing systems.
VISION and JITR RBM are the Rating and Billing applications that are mission critical for Verizon Wireless business operations. These applications serve core functions of usage Rating, Billing, Taxing, Payments processing etc. for Data, Voice, Messaging services and Device Billing for Verizon Wireless. These applications are mission critical as they also interface with both customer facing and center facing functions like bill view, next bill summary, payments information, #data, #text etc. The organization is in the process of modernizing the legacy VISION application to a cloud based billing platform.
You'll architect multiple business priority and competing projects in parallel including:
* Support iconic device launches
* Deliver new pricing structures for Consumer and B2B customers
* Support growth of HUM and IoT services
* Simplify Billing Interfacing APIs to drive digital engagement and reduction of store wait times
* Migrate billing platform from VISION to a cloud platform to reduce MIPS and computing cost etc.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in information technology, including leading project teams in systems analysis or software engineering.
* Experience in resource management, project prioritization, problem solving, issue management and negotiation, and mediation.
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree.
* Experience in Strategic business Evolution and Planning.
* Experience in any of these systems : Billing, Finance, Settlements, Loans, Payments, Collections.
* Experience in Cloud Native Applications - Public or Private Cloud deployment.
* Experience with Cassandra, Apache SPARK, Kafka, Oracle etc.
* Experience in telecom OSS/BSS development and delivery. Preferably with 3rd party products like Arbor/Netcracker/AMDOCs or equivalent billing systems.
* Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
* Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud technologies.
* Knowledge of multiple SDLC methodologies, standards, procedures and organization that contribute to the development and deployment of technology solutions.
* Knowledge of 3GPP standards ( 5G) standards is preferred.
* Development and operation background on running mission critical systems.
* Experience with Rating & Formatting.
* Conceptual, planning, financial, problem-solving & critical thinking.
* Ability to speak to an audience of technical and non-technical staff members.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.