What you'll be doing...
Your focus will be working with a team of Technical Staff Engineers who manage multiple Original Equipment manufacturers (OEMs) retail devices with the goal to improve overall device quality. You will work closely with functional/SME teams in providing explicit feedback to pre-launch requirements and test teams on lessons learned with the objective of improved future device launch quality. Your role will involve applying your expertise to find unique solutions to complex problems. The solutions you help implement will help meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us.
* Reviewing detailed investigation and analysis on Repair Returns, No Trouble Found (NTF) returns, and Bounce drivers.
* Developing design of experiments and enhancing test.
* Managing device quality assurance testing.
* Implementing new test cases and collaborating with Lab engineers to capture defects and enhance clean and screen and /or product design.
* Interfacing with suppliers for new processes, quality issues and process improvements.
* Ensuring the thoroughness of product and process quality documentation. Highlighting risks and developing plans to mitigate.
* Being a technical liaison between the field facing organizations and 3PL Vendors and OEMs.
* Identifying detailed failure modes based on custom reports, past experience with similar devices and processes, and attendance at OEM design reviews.
* Spearheading field studies from concept to execution
* Analyzing various data to determine trends and inconsistencies that relate to key performance indicators between Verizon and their OEMs/3PLs.
* Measuring the effectiveness of software updates (SU) after SU deployment, with correlation to improvements in return drivers.
What we're looking for...
Collaborating with colleagues to solve complex problems with innovative solutions motivates you. Your technical skills are top notch, and you are known for digging into the details to find the best solutions. You know how to get to the bottom of your customers' needs, and how to manage your stakeholders' expectations. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and juggling multiple activities and changing priorities comes easily to you.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electronics, Electrical Computer Engineering or related field.
* Six or more years of technical experience on device design or quality assurance, reliability and functionality testing, validation and certification.
* Six or more years of analytical technical experience in securing and analyzing large volumes of data to make recommendations to achieve specific operational goals.
* Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, detail oriented and decision-making skills.
* Excellent project management and interpersonal skills.
* Experience developing and leading engineering teams, developing and deploying third party testing processes.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.