What you'll be doing...
As a Network Operations Engineer, yourprimary responsibility is to ensure our customers receive professional service and prompt response to their needs. You will work in a 24x7 Network Operations Center supporting our managed network services customers -initiating and working Incident Management tickets, responding to trouble calls/emails from customers and doing network surveillance as assigned by the shift lead. The position is supporting one of three shift and all candidates must be able to work any of the three shifts, however actual shift assignment will be communicated during the hiring process. Shift assignments are dependent upon business needs and will require weekend and holiday work. Common shifts are Tues-Sat or Sun-Thur. Day Shift hours are normally defined as 0700-1530, Afternoon Shift is defined as 1500-2330, and Midnight Shift is defined as 2300-0730.
* Learn: physical topology and logical design for the customer's network; customer and Verizon-provided equipment (primarily Cisco/Juniper).
* Communication: handle customer calls in a timely, professional manner - providing status, conducting isolation and triage with onsite Points of Contact or dispatched field engineers.
* Troubleshooting: examine physical layer and logical problems using standard isolation methodologies on customer/carrier networks utilizing tools for router access, circuit layout, automated circuit testing, and ticket management.
* Monitor: use various network surveillance systems responsible for reporting the health of the multiple networks the NOC manages and act upon faults when necessary.
* Interact: directly with other Verizon and Local Exchange Carrier groups, vendor/partners, Advanced Technical Support, and customer teams.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in a NOC environment supporting customer networks with Cisco/Juniper WAN routers and LAN switches using an automated ticketing system.
* Experience with customer service requests via phone/email, trouble isolation / problem resolution, and operating under service level agreements.
* Experience with TDM or Ethernet circuit testing.
* Experience with network management and performance analysis tools.
* Existing U.S. Government Clearance or the ability to obtain such security clearance.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* One active technical certification either from Cisco or Juniper (e.g., CCENT / CCNA).
* ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
* Understanding of networking protocols such as IPVPN, IP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, and IPSec.
* Knowledge of IPv4 and basic familiarity with IPv6.
* Knowledge of DNS, NTP, Firewalls, ACLs.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.