What you'll be doing...
The Distinguished Member Technical Staff will be responsible for the implementation of 5G for 30+ network systems end to end: Planning to implementation. The DMTS partners with over 15 different business teams in the understanding and designing of 5G Network systems requirements for existing and future systems. Understanding and facilitating discussions with these business partners to identify new areas of system development opportunities in an effort to design solutions that allow for end to end automation. In addition to planning and project management, the role will be responsible to reading out status to various working teams as well as to leaders at the Director, Executive Director and VP level on a weekly and monthly basis. This includes leaders both inside and outside of IT Network Systems. The DMTS will also work daily with value and delivery teams to prioritize work, break down impediments, and deliver software to drive measurable business results. Organize the work with the selected SDLC methodology, including waterfall, Agile and SAFE.
* The position will need to exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
* Be able to influence in shaping strategically critical and/or large scale opportunities.
* Possess the ability to effectively manage dynamic and potentially contentious customer/end user relationships from a technical perspective.
* Be able to act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of strategic programs
* Manage programs end to end from Requirements to Implementation.
* Provide architectural direction and solutions to project team as it relates to automation and efficiency
* Act as a vendor liaison to facilitate technical discussions
* Manage additional contract resources as needed
* Communicate status and issues through multiple levels of management.
* Track actions and issues to ensure projects are kept on track according to requested deliverables.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Technology.
* Knowledge of Verizon Network Infrastructure and Services.
* Working knowledge of Network Systems that will be used to identify innovative automation solutions
* Knowledge of Ran & Core Vendors including hardware configurations, software functionality, performance management, call summary data, key performance indicators and Core Network Functionality
* Five or more years of experience in Network Management, Engineering, or Planning.
* Excellent problem-solving ability.
* Ability to manage and execute competing tasks and multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
* Ability to work within teams both inside and outside the organization.
* Ability to lead teams from multiple disciplines and lines of business.
* Ability to establish good working relationships with outside vendors.
* Facilitation skills. Agile Facilitation Certification.
* Ability to present to executive level.
* Ability to work independently, effectively communicate status and achieve results.
* Ability to translate large complex requirements to understandable deliverables.
* Ability to do systems thinking. Understand how different areas of the organization relate to each other. Ability to integrate ideas from many different areas into a common vision.
* Willingness and desire to continuously learn about new technologies and to acquire new knowledge.
* Developed network of contacts across all lines of business in Verizon.
* Demonstrated practice of Agile Methodology, including SAFe Agile.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.