What you'll be doing...
This role is for a Technical Project Management Specialist who will manage the implementation of IT projects to support existing and new Federal contracts, primarily EIS. The employee will be on the business side, and will liaise with IT project managers and developers. Development is done in an agile environment, so work is fast paced and challenging. In addition to PM work, talented individuals may be chosen to participate in RFP reviews to capture custom development requirements, as well as maintain system source data in complex spreadsheets.
* Managing multiple IT projects at any given time.
* Interfacing with IT counterparts and speaking their lingo.
* Hosting project calls, touchpoints, solution reviews, user story demos, etc.
* Defining user stories for IT, based on translating complicated requirements out of customer solicitations and RFPs, then opening those stories in Jira (or relevant).
* Understanding the entire system architecture in order to help IT brainstorm solutions to very complex challenges.
* Quickly understanding current business processes, then determining and implementing process improvements that align with system development.
* Performing testing of new development and opening bugs as necessary.
* Preparing user guides for user communities and answering questions from helpdesk personnel.
* Documenting lessons learned and other valuable information in knowledge sharing tools such as Confluence.
* Capturing and calculating business benefits, both quantitative and qualitative.
* Maintaining certain source documentation such as mapping documents and complex spreadsheets.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Ability to read and understand system flow diagrams.
* Experience in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
* Ability to be creative, analytical, organized, detail-oriented, team-focused, self-motivated and autonomous.
* Ability in learning and growing coding languages, DB designs, table structures, queries such as SQL, etc..
* Experience supporting Federal clients.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.