What you'll be doing...
Verizon is investing in its network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be a critical element for all connectivity businesses and will include new products such as IoT (Internet of Things), 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth across all lines of business.
The Network Implementation office is leading the formation of a Network expansion program. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing team in a fast-paced and evolving environment. You will have the opportunity to impact businesses with network evaluations and drive implementation recommendations. You will be working in close partnership with internal business partners including Network, Planning, IT, Finance, and Operations teams from all Verizon Lines of Business (VzW, VzB, VZT, and VPS) to design, deliver and implement the network expansion across Verizon.
* Program manage local field team members across various geographies.
* Track and manage all cross-team issues impacting build status of the network in the cities.
* Provide network build / construction timing and budgetary inputs to establish implementation strategy.
* Analyze large amounts of data to pin point opportunities for improvement, and make appropriate recommendations for course correction.
* Escalate, as needed, to ensure adherence to various operational and financial targets.
* Prioritization of activity at sub-market level to ensure ability to meet business case goals.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Strong data analytical skills
* Knowledge and experience with the full suite of Microsoft Office and other project management tools
* Willingness to travel
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree.
* Five or more years of experience managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects.
* Interpersonal and team building capabilities.
* Project planning and time management skills.
* Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills.
* Ability to influence organizational direction and departmental initiatives working with all leadership levels.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Experience in Wireless Cellular/Telecom / Transport technologies.
* Track record of leadership of project accomplishments including successful project launches.
* Project Management Professional certification
* Knowledge of Verizon's CoE and Fuze Planning Tools.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.