What you'll be doing...
This role will critically evaluate new technologies and their applicability to Verizon Wireless network and service strategy. Responsibilities include working with marketing, strategy teams in commercializing new technologies and services. Evaluate new technologies to complement Verizon's existing network/services. Interface with internal teams such as device and network planning. Maintain competitive technology information. Under the direction of management, support projects across a variety of disciplines related to accomplishment of strategic objectives of the company. Develop and maintain planning guidance for new technologies.
This role will research, design, plan, develop and/or evaluate new, advanced network technologies by translating customer requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design. Work typically includes in-depth assessment of the customer's networked application needs, providing network modeling and simulation testing, consulting to further clarify needs, and engineering high-speed technology network transports to deliver application functionality.
This role will incorporate analytical skillsets to create multiyear network plans, including but not limited to 5G strategy planning. The use of analytics and automation on the team will enable executive requests to be satisfied at a fast pace, and scenario modeling to be made more feasible. After the analysis is completed, communication to the appropriate parties will be critical. Analyses conducted will drive major network infrastructure decisions for the company.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field.
* Knowledge with database structures and tools necessary to access data from data warehouses and combine it with other sources.
* Experience visualizing data, through Tableau or other visualization tools. Experience with network propagation modeling tools such as Atoll.
* ETL knowledge along with data analytics.
* Strong experience in engineering and design, and demonstrated knowledge of wireless networks (network and/or device).
* Ability to work effectively with internal and external groups and vendors.
* Experience with analyzing large amount of data between and amongst various systems.
* Ability to drive results, including data manipulation, data creation and interpretation, while working under tight deadlines.
* Strong strategic skills with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
* Communicator in written, graphical and oral forms with a collaborative and flexible style.
* Excellent business and technology acumen along with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.