What you'll be doing...
As an industry leader, Verizon is at the center of the ecosystem architecture for 5G, Intelligent Edge, and Multi-Access Edge Compute (MEC) enabling applications such as IoT, augmented reality, virtual reality, connected vehicles, aerial drone solutions, and more. The Verizon Innovation Center serves as the nexus into the innovation happening across all of Verizon and its vast ecosystem of partners. Our team is looking for a Solution Strategist with a passion for technology who will serve a key role in articulating how Verizon's enabling in-market and emerging technologies can be leveraged to accelerate digital transformation for businesses and consumers. Responsibilities include:
* Facilitating interactive technology discussions with enterprise customers, public sector entities, academics, policy makers, media, and other groups.
* Providing industry-specific insights to our product development and strategy teams based on customer engagements at the Innovation Center.
* Interfacing with other Verizon teams to prepare/plan Innovation Center activities so visitors have a tailored, productive experience.
* Delivering technology demonstrations.
* Onboarding new technology demonstrations which showcase Verizon and partner capabilities.
* Maintaining and troubleshooting technology demonstrations as needed.
* Proactively engaging within the innovation community to help build out a robust ecosystem around 5G, Mobile Edge Compute, and other key enabling technologies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Knowledge of key foundational technologies such as wireless, network, cloud computing, IoT, and AR/VR.
* Experience in a customer-facing environment.
* Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
* Experience with a combination of technical skills to understand fundamental technologies (e.g., wireless, network, cloud computing, IoT, AR/VR) and an understanding of how solutions can impact a customer's business or enrich consumers' lives.
* Experience with technical issues that may be associated with onboarding or troubleshooting technology demonstrations.
* Strong communication skills to lead customer discussions and support remote events as necessary.
* The ability to prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate judgment in time sensitive or high-pressure pressure situations.
* Ability to deal with high profile visitors and internal executives.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.