What you'll be doing...
Network Systems Organization with in IT is responsible for automation, systems Integration and cost transformation initiatives across Verizon wire line & wireless network teams. As a development Lead you will be responsible for the delivery of Network Systems strategic initiatives for Wireless Field Assurance teams.
You will guide team members to design and implement optimal solutions to complex problems and meet critical business needs. Your optimization and performance skills will help other engineering teams and our vendors drive better network systems architecture and solutions.
Your role will involve working with the network application configuration & job process, streamlining it wherever possible. Your work will ensure network system team effectively supports our wireless network users in the most efficient way possible.
* Maintaining existing network configurations and creating new ones, finding and implementing dependencies wherever possible to streamline the network application job process.
* Developing and maintaining job schedules, analyzing automation problems, and resolving them in a timely manner.
* Producing reports on key performance indicators for the Network System applications, creating documents for the batch applications, and ensuring standards are maintained.
* Working closely with the business for SPOG improvements and new initiatives, coordinating with various teams to implement new jobs and enhance existing batch applications.
* Assisting with staff training programs and the development of operating instructions and procedures for production and testing.
What we're looking for...
You view technology through a lens of making things better and more effective. Understanding and creating continual improvements to the Wireless Field Assurance Platform that consist of rich set of Mobility Apps , Web Platform and a Data streaming infrastructure that brings together a world class experience for our Field Engineers. You enjoy the process of solving complex issues while empowering the team around you to do the same.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience developing and optimizing server side technologies.
* Experience developing and optimizing frond end technologies.
* Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* Experience with Java/ J2EE, Oracle Coherence, Web Logic, Oracle, I Planet, Rational Rose, XML, Solaris and PL/SQL.
* Experience migrating web applications to Cloud (AWS, Oracle Cloud or Cloud Foundry etc.)
* Experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
* Experience in Web Services, springs, NodeJS.
* Experience with Android development, framework, tool set, testing tools, and popular third-party libraries.
* Experience in systems design and project management.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.