R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1® is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting the R1 corporate office, datacenter, cloud, voice, and WAN networks. This person will be responsible for identifying and triaging problems with production networks, conducting seamless upgrades and deployment processes, and meeting the needs of various Software, Infrastructure, and Security Engineering teams.
* Includes, but not limited to, planning, systems analysis, design, scripting, administration, and documentation.
* Maintaining an existing infrastructure and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
* Analyzing existing systems and processes to recommend changes/improvements to them to maximize capacity and capabilities.
* Meeting assigned project deadlines and work schedules. Timely and accurate completion of special projects and assignments.
* Effective use of time and equipment to accomplish assigned projects.
* Understanding, supporting, enforcing and complying with company policies, procedures and standards of business ethics and conduct.
* Effective and consistent cooperation and communication with Team Leadership and key company personnel.
* Performing duties in a professional, polite, considerate and courteous manner.
* On-call emergency availability for off-hours support as part of a rotation.
* Flexible hours to meet scheduled maintenance windows.
* Other duties as assigned
* Associates degree in Computer Systems, Information Technology, or other technology area.
* 4+ years of networking or equivalent work experience.
* CCNA certification or equivalent experience.
* Experience with Cisco Nexus & Catalyst switches, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASAs).
* Deep knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, OSI model, and other networking fundamentals.
* Working knowledge of cloud networking concepts and technologies including network connectivity to AWS and Azure.
* Working knowledge of both Linux/UNIX/BSD and Windows based operating systems.
* Ability to automate routine tasks through scripting or use of other automation and configuration management tools.
* Strong organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and effectively manage time and equipment for multiple projects
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to interrelate and communicate with people within the workplace.
* Excellent problem solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
* Ability to rack and cable network equipment in a datacenter environment in a neat and well organized manner.
* Ability to read and understand network drawings, technical manuals, and procedural documentation.
* Ability to conduct research into issues as required.
* Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or other technology area.
* 7+ years of networking or equivalent experience.
* CCNP certification or equivalent experience
* Experience with F5 / A10 Load balancers
* Experience with Cisco CSR 1000v and ASAv.
* AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty certification.
* Proficiency with working on GUI-less server operating systems.
* Ability to create and update detailed network diagrams via Microsoft Visio.
* Experience with enterprise-level operations software packages, such as ticketing, monitoring, logging, and graphing systems.
* Extensive familiarity with deployment and troubleshooting of point to point circuits, VRF-Lite, GRE & IPsec tunnels, and dynamic routing protocols like BGP and OSPF in a global corporate WAN
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovative and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit: R1RCM.com.
R1 is a provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management (RCM) services.