Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Jeanie Lynn Bannon
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab organization is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Application Developer with solid systems development lifecycle (SDLC) experience to build web based portfolio management and trading systems, and realizing the strategy for the teams to support the dynamic needs of the CSIM business.. He or she will develop in depth knowledge of and solid partnerships with the areas of the firm that both design and oversee Schwab's SDLC practices, as well as Data Governance Office standards. The selected candidate with then apply knowledge of industry best practices, of Schwab policies and standards, and of the IT Data Management team's tools and services to deliver an integrated capability at Schwab that applies data management practices and tools across the enterprise.
What you'll do:
* This role includes building the platform to support portfolio management with a focus on improving the software quality, platform and technology service provided to the CSIM business.
* In addition to the functional responsibilities within the technology organization, the role will include playing a pivotal role in the development of the front office technology platforms with a focus to build proprietary applications where a competitive advantage can be gained and integrating and managing industry leading vendor software to provide a cohesive, flexible platform which can scale effectively for future business growth.
What you have:
* At least five years' experience participating in the software development lifecycle leveraging the latest methodologies and industry applicable technologies
* Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon timeframes
* Substantiated experience on supporting junior staff and helping promote a high performance work environments
* Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
* Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
* Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
* High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
* Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
* Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
* Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
* B.S in Computer Science or other related area desired
* Experience within the financial services industry preferred
* Experience with Fixed income and/or equity trading is a huge plus
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, April 29, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, September 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.