At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
* You'll be responsible for building cutting-edge Navigation solutions at a global scale which only a couple of other companies in tech can claim!
* As a Staff Engineer on this team, you will provide technical leadership for both iOS and Android platforms while implementation may be focussed on one of the platforms.
* You'll work closely with the maps leadership team, PM, DS and other engineers to define the long-term roadmap and make the team's vision a reality.
* Staff level engineers are exceptional mentors. They are trusted advisors for both team members and leaders alike. They deal with conflict in a mature and fair way and help build consensus. You'll have the opportunity to lead cross-team efforts and establish engineering best practices across all of Uber.
* Creative problem solving - Have an excellent understanding of product, design, and business goals to be able to identify and solve high impact, highly complex problems.
* Strong code and documentation - your code should be used as the example for your company and you have the ability to build and design technical solutions from the ground up.
* Prior experience in mapping is NOT required. If you have experience building iOS/Android applications at scale, defining cross-platform architectures or leading cross organizational projects then you'll fit right in.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* (Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
* 10+ years experience in successfully designing and building mobile applications at scaleStrong experience with multiple mobile programming languages and technologies (Swift, Objective-C, Java)
* Proven track record of results as a Staff Engineer level or above at a premier technology company
* Bonus points if you built geospatial services and location based mobile applications, such as Navigation, maps search, spatial visualization etc
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.