At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced leader for the role of Head of Program Management Office (PMO), Financial Technology (FinTech).
The Head of FinTech PMO position is responsible for enabling the organization's programs and special initiatives. The Head of PMO owns FinTech program management, providing strategy, direction, oversight and governance of the global FinTech portfolio leveraging project management best practices, SDLC controls, change management, and Uber wide processes.
This individual will work closely with cross functional stakeholders including senior Finance leads, Finance teams, FinTech Product Managers, Engineers, Financial Risk Management and Internal Audit leaders. The PMO Head will provide appropriate oversight & governance into the FinTech PMO Organization to deliver effective technology programs within scope, cost and schedule constraints.
The ideal candidate will have a successful prior background with Finance Systems, leading program management processes and technologies, financial budget management, headcount planning and monitoring. Proven implementation and operational experience, demonstrated ability to manage external service providers, experience working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on quality, speed to market, and innovation.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Provide leadership and guidance regarding the full FinTech portfolio, including:
* Define and oversee resource planning & resource management processes
* Provide a regular cadence of management reporting
* Manage portfolio prioritization processes
* Apply solid financial & budget management skills
* Own the definition, adoption, execution, and ongoing improvement of the following processes:
* Program Management
* SDLC Methodology, Deliverables and Compliance
* Change Management (e.g. stakeholder assessment, communications, adoption)
* Risk and Issue Management
* Budget, schedule and scope management for programs
* KPI development and tracking
* Status reporting cadence
* PMO templates and standards
* Define, manage and direct the PMO work effort, leveraging PMO best practices and techniques.
* Liaise with internal and external audit stakeholders as required
* Lead and grow the PMO organization
* Establish competencies for PMO recruitment and performance management
* Develop an effective learning and development program for PMO organization
* Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business leadership
* Create a team culture with a focus on continuous improvement
* Develop frameworks and tools for portfolio planning and management
* Collaborate with other PMOs on enterprise wide PMO tool set initiatives
What You'll Need
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent;
* Strong technical acumen and a deep understanding of Finance processes
* Minimum 12 years of progressive management and leadership responsibility, including in-depth experience with portfolio and program management.
* Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills with all levels of the organization
* Proven track record to successfully manage, grow and evolve the Program Management Office
* Proven ability to plan, organize, and deliver projects with agreed schedules and budgets.
* Expert knowledge of SDLC processes and project management best practices
* Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, manage, and motivate people
* A proven understanding of project budget and cost tracking, including annual budgets, capital requisition processes, purchasing, invoice processing and budget reconciliation
* Experience in vendor management, RFP processes, negotiating third party contracts
* Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Strongly preferred: Agile/Scrum experience; Global experience; PMP certification
About the Team
The FinTech team is comprised of Program Managers, Product Managers, and Business Systems Analysts focused on enabling the Uber Finance organization and business teams with world class Finance products and solutions. This position will report directly to the Head of Financial Technology.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.