At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Voice System Engineer role will ensure that Uber's internal call center services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. They form an integral part of one of the fastest growing parts of the company and will be key to designing and building tools and systems to make the contact center experience a delightful one for our customers. This role will be working very closely with operations teams around the globe in a follow the sun model.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Define, architect, and build awesome voice call center services to support our ever expanding needs in the contact center environment.
* Own all systems currently in place for voice call center services and build tools to help management, monitor and control these systems.
* Partner together with the operations and contact center vendors in the industry to management and grow voice infrastructure, click to call, and call back services for our contact centers.
* Define our future business needs to ensure we are ahead and thinking about scale.
* Provide data driven dashboards and handle incidence response for maintaining the highest level of quality for the business
* Ensure high availability of 24X7 production systems and Participate in on-call rotation.
* Provide on-site consulting services to the enterprise, including support for short- and long-term projects
* Integration of contact center applications and existing network and hardware infrastructure and other tools.
What You'll Need
* 5 Minimum Years of Experience with Call Centers, Voice, VOIP, WebRTC, Networking, SIP, SS7, RTP, TCP/IP, NAT, scripting, Genesys, Avaya, LiveOps
About the Team
The Customer Obsession Team has played a critical role in scaling and managing a huge and complex contact center environment at Uber. At Uber we resolve our problems in independent and innovative ways as we scale to a global presence.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.