Mobile Software Engineer (Mid-Level)
Req #: 207514
Location: Bethesda, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI is seeking a Mobile Software Engineer (Mid-Level) to pursue a career supporting CACI's growing Intelligence Services market. Supported by our newly developed job framework, CACI provides clearly defined career paths for employees to grow and progress within our company.
Specific duties include:
* Design software scripts in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API extraction
* Analyzes and delivers suggested solutions for system and application issues
* Works with the customer to define clear requirements, perform specifications, deliverables and milestones for application
* Fix mobile applications' memory and performance issues.
* Use Android traceview tool to identify inefficiencies
* Delivers malicious code reverse engineering to isolate, review, analyze, and reverse-engineer potentially malicious programs recovered from compromised computer systems and networks
* Assess, draft and produce technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of the malicious software suitable for distribution to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Analyzes new trends, techniques, and packing of malicious software to stay current and ready to identify and handle zero-day exploits
* Be ready to support operations requiring such analysis
* Study software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities
* Deliver papers, develop and provide presentations to the customer.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least five (5) years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience in job offered or Software Engineer/Developer, Application Engineer/Developer, or closely related occupation.
* A deep understanding of Android and a strong desire to learn the mobile industry and mobile development
* A background in mobile web technologies (HTML5, AJAX, CSS, XML, JSON)
* A background in wireless API's (WiFi, Bluetooth)
* Ability to communicate design decisions, trade-offs, code walk-throughs, and bugs thoroughly, clearly, and concisely
* Ability to effectively handle multiple simultaneous projects, and manage time and priorities
* Background efficiently implementing new features and bug fixes while writing elegant, maintainable code
* Background developing/designing mobile phone platforms highly desired
* Expert knowledge of implementations of contemporary commercial wireless devices
* Must have two (2) years' background with reverse engineering software packages such as IDA Pro, IDA Python PyDbg, or OllyDbg as well as computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK, or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy
* Experience in computer or cell phone architecture, system internals, operating systems and/or boot process software development
* Background in software development and related technologies
* Background in sizing and scoping, in design, implementation and delivery of mobile application solutions using iOS and/or Android development environments
* Background in development on two or more of the following software platforms: Windows, Linux, Android, OS X, and iOS
* Knowledge of designing interfaces using Objective-C, Android SDK including the unique tasks of designing applications for small screen size
* Excellent debugging, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Background with multiple programming languages (C, C++, C#, Objective C, Visual Basic, Java) is required. A strong mix is needed with experience in C, C++, or Objective C and Java or C# a minimum requirement
* Ability to develop software applications in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API design and development
* Background in mobile application development
* Background with two or more software development tool environments and tool sets (i.e. Visual Studio, Eclipse, Xcode)
* Background investigating software vulnerabilities and a basic understanding of common cyberattack methods
* Strong organizational and communication skills both verbal and written
Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least four (4) years of related experience.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.