Configuration Management Specialist
Req #: 212308
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Minimum Security Clearance: Top Secret
What You'll Get to Do:
CACI is hiring a Configuration Management Specialist in support of the Department of State. The Configuration Management Specialist will be part of a group that provide enterprise software applications, infrastructure, data architecture, cloud services and business intelligence to the enterprise.
As a Configuration Management Specialist, you will be responsible for all software configuration and documentation baselines. You will work on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.).
More About the Role:
You will develop or modify CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. You'll also:
* Manage and track changes to project baseline - code, documentation, etc.
* Daily management of code repositories and management project activities in the software tracking system (JIRA or TFS). Provide training to staff on using the tracking system
* Provide upgrades and patching for the software tracking system.
* Maintain documentation on the configuration management process and procedures.
* Analyze the current configuration management processes and provide recommendations to improve its effectiveness.
* Ensure all configuration management processes are documented and are being followed by the project team.
* Conduct, review and oversee the submitted change requests through the change management process.
* Develop change effectiveness metrics strategy and plan, and report on metrics related to the Change Management processes
* Ensures documentation complies with all applicable specifications, standards, and other project constraints
* You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Top Secret Clearance
* Bachelor's Degree
* 3 + years experience with software configuration or build management, or release management.
* Experience with change management tools and workflows.
* Experience with ITIL Service Transition.
* Experience with software tracking tools (JIRA).
* Experience with Microsoft product suite (Word, Excel, Project).
* Experience with Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies.
* Strong Communication Skills.
* These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience using SharePoint and Office 365.
* Experience with running configuration control boards and knowledge of State department ITCCB process and change management tools.
* ITIL Change Management certification.
* What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.