Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Req #: 190059681
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
Sustained Engineering (SE) provides global engineering and operational support across the entire infrastructure portfolio of technologies and services while driving our evolution to a modern Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) / DevOps model.
As an experienced Infrastructure professional, your love of technology will have a direct impact on the future of the business. As a senior member of a high-performance team, you'll be immersed in all the elements of Software Development Lifecycles- design, development, integration, operation, support and testing of infrastructure services. You'll ensure team goals are met and best practices, architectural design standards, data, risk and security management policies are adhered to. You'll be instrumental in designing, developing and testing code, solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. And as part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global technology community, you'll also have the ability to collaborate with peers around the world to tackle big challenges.
Primary Responsibility will be creating infrastructure web component applications and services that enable greater automation, security and usability within the web middleware product space. These components should run on top of both public (AWS and Microsoft) and private cloud technologies (Cloud Foundry and Containers / Kubernetes) as well as on more traditional infrastructure platforms, and providing guidance to application development teams building web applications hosted on our web components (eg Apache, Tomcat) in the cloud and container platforms . The applicant will be able to provide technical leadership to the team, solving advanced technical and business problems and collaborate with multiple teams including engineering, development and operations to contribute to group ideas.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Experience working with or delivering cloud or other platform level technology or service (Cloud Foundry, Mesos, Kubernetes etc.) preferably in large and/or complex environments.
* Experience with the internals and configuration and security of web and application server products including Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere Nginx or Microsoft IIS
* Configuration Management tool experience (Ansible, Saltstack, Puppet or CFEngine)
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Python, golang)
* Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
* Understanding cloud, java buildpack, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
* Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
* Understanding or have experience with Agile and lean philosophies
* Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
* Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
* Experience in Systems and Application monitoring systems and instrumentation
* Familiar working with Jenkins, BitBucket and other CI/CD tools including the Atlassian suite including JIRA, Confluence.
* Previous web development with strong interest in moving into Web Infrastructure Engineering.
Preferred Business Knowledge:
* Proficient in multiple business disciplines, functions and knowledgeable about the business' strategic direction
* Develops the mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and companywide standards
* Works within standards of financial control and budget management
* Executes within a client centric environment when working with teams and contributors
* Experience influencing the business' strategic direction
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.