Scrum Master - Software Engineering
Req #: 190055448
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
As a SCRUM master for Home Lending External Data services, you will be a servant leader for an agile team which supports Regulatory Reporting Delivery projects submitted to the Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Reserve (FR) and US Treasury as well as support for Legal Settlements and Investor data requests. The successful candidate will assist in strategic planning through delivery while interfacing with various senior business leaders from diverse business areas including financial reporting, risk, compliance, as well as Home Lending operations.
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
* Exhibits the behaviors of a lean agile leader with a Lean-agile-mindset. Helps the team embrace core values of agile, adopt and apply lean principles, and implement agile practices.
* Works with the Product owner to align team with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information. Helps PO in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
* Continuously improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. They help the team focus on daily and sprint goals. Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective.
* Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
* Champions continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity; coaches organization to conduct continuous improvements events
* Actively address issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the sprint goals. Communicates organizational impediments to leadership; clears impediments for the team
* Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
* Creates an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts
* Coach product owners in creation and maintenance of the product backlog including empirical planning
* Appreciate the depths of Lean and Agile practices and principles and help teams appreciate them
* Bring ideas from professional facilitation, coaching, conflict management, mediation and so on to help the team become a high-performance team
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expert with Agile and Scrum Framework and its application in Product Development and delivery organization
* Ability to coach and mentor
* Ability to collaborate and influence with people at various levels
* Sound understanding of Scaling framework such as LeSS and various other Agile frameworks such as Kanban, XP
* Leverage skills from coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and more to serve the team(s)
* Executive presence and ability to coach multiple teams across the product
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies
* Ability to leverage capabilities across the firm to solve local problems
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.