Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
IT Project Manager
Req #: 190057785
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Project Management
IT Project Manager
As an experienced professional in Project Execution, you thrive at managing complex technology programs that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture - namely, how can technology help achieve business goals - as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage resources and budgets, and build and incentivize high-performing teams. You will apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. You will work with the business stakeholders, Product Owners/Area Product Owners, and Agile Technology Teams to design, develop and deploy the solution to the enterprise. You will play an integral role in ensuring that the project is running on time, within budget and in accordance with firm-wide guidelines, including risk and architecture. Just as importantly, you'll work with your team to set goals, foster collaboration and promote the values, culture and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The Originations platform team is seeking high energy, autonomous, motivated leader to assume the role of IT Project Manager to act as the primary liaison across technology disciplines in driving day-to-day Digital project delivery with a particular focus on managing dependencies of code supplier across impacted technology groups. The successful candidate will be a technically aware project manager with related experience in software engineering within a large scale organization. You will have a proven track record in successful project delivery and a demonstrable ability to improve the maturity level of processes through a combination of measurement and change agent skills. The individual must be able to effectively partner and establish relationships across line of business as well as across technology areas.
Key responsibilities for this role:
* Manage multiple projects, complex activities, and competing deadlines
* Using the AGILE SDLC and the Project Management Framework, partner with the team in developing a development plan which sees the program/project from Inception to Delivery
* Ensuring that schedules are met and risks managed; and for delivering regular program updates on Sprint, Iteration and Release reviews.
* Work with the team and Product Owners to create a Release and Iteration Plan based on the Backlog.
* Communicate with the leadership team to ensure that there is visibility into the program/project direction, schedule and progress.
* Understand the needs of the various lines of businesses, application channels and the strategic direction of the organization; Keep abreast of technology advances that could mean changes in how we deliver our solutions.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Strong blend of technical capability, problem solving, change agent and business savvy skills
* Working knowledge using full Office Suite, JIRA, Clarity, Confluence and other tools used across the AGILE SDLC
* Project Management experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies
* Knowledge of industry wide technology delivery strategies and best practices
* The ability to communicate at all levels, the role will require the individual to be able to communicate effectively with their team, a peer network of stakeholders, senior executives, technical resources as well as staff in other countries.
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Highly consultative and collaborative and can marshal diverse views across businesses, organizations and applications
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using technology and/or integrating diverse user systems.
* Identify problems as opportunities and to manage well under pressure and are able to deal with ambiguity, with a bias toward simplicity and action.
* Thought leader with practical decision-making ability to deliver precise, accurate and detailed technology solutions
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
* Apply today, and put your passion for technology to work at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.