JOB SUMMARY: Incumbent formulates and defines specifications for somewhat complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, construct, develop, and test computer application software or systems.
2. Analyze users' needs and design software as necessary.
3. Maintain computer applications software and systems and debug as problems arise.
4. Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
5. Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results.
6. Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues.
7. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
8. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
9. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
10. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
The incumbent works under general supervision to construct and develop somewhat complex programming systems to support customers' application systems, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work is varied with moderate complexity, requiring a moderate level of independent judgment within established guidelines.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
* Minimum Bachelors degree, or 4 years of related experience
* Minimum 5 years software systems programming experience of which 3+ years experience of Java server programming using J2EE/JEE technologies.
* Strong knowledge of Java and a wide range of Java/J2EE/JEE technologies such as JDBC, JNI, JSP/Servlets, JTA, JMS, JNDI, JMX, JAAS, and others.
* Knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
* Knowledge of Agile Scrum Project Management methodology preferred.
* Working understanding of TypeScript language preferred.
* Strong Front End Development Skills in Angular preferred.
* Understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications.
* Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
* Experience with advanced XML technologies and API's such as XSD.
* Experience with Web Services and SOA and related standards such as SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, and BPEL.
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
* Knowledge of healthcare claims and health insurance industry preferred
* Knowledge of business directions, trends and impacts of key business and IT initiatives
* Knowledge of project management and execution of multiple projects
* Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, analytical and organizational skills
* Excellent oral, written and communication skills
* The ability to quickly attain and understand new processes with strict attention to detail
* Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
* Ability to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications
* Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion
* Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
* Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute decisions
* Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office and software development applications
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
MultiPlan provides technology-enabled healthcare cost management solutions for commercial, government, workers’ compensation, auto, and property and casualty markets.