IT Project Manager (Contract)
IT Project Managers -- are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees? Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry's most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 1,000,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 68 million consumers accessing our network products, and 40 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager to work in our New York City office. This is a contract position through the end of 2019 and likely well into 2020, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
As an IT Project Manager, you will apply principles, techniques and best practices in the planning, organizing and implementation of projects by preparing and managing project documentation, deliverables, milestones, resource management and schedules. You will partner with Business and Technical areas to promote open lines of communication and adherence to the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and processes.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Serve as Project Manager for the implementation of new, enhanced or integrated functionality as well as the introduction of new product offerings.
* Initiate, plan, execute, control and close project activities.
* Define and verify scope, develop project plans and timetables, and create roles and responsibilities matrix.
* Develop work plans for each subproject/department and prepare summary for management review.
* Execute and maintain project plans; review, track, monitor and report on project status; identify, track and resolve issues by proposing viable solutions.
* Identify and prepare risk responses, creating contingency plans and advising management, as appropriate.
* Perform defect management.
* Establish and maintain working relationship with all departments, stakeholders and external customers involved with project.
* Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
* Ensure compliance with MultiPlan regulatory (HIPAA, HITECH and SSAE-16), MultiPlan Corporate, IT and Legal policies/procedures, and PHI confidentiality and integrity
* Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
* The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As an IT Project Manager, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, prioritization and Project Management skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree in IT or Computer Science, or 4 years of related experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management capacity preferably in a fast paced, rapidly changing business and technology environment.
* Experience in a Project Management Organization preferred
* Experience in managing IT and corporate projects
* Experience on a project team that successfully implemented new technologies, work processes or process improvements preferred
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (or working towards it) preferred
* Knowledge of Healthcare industry and understanding all major workflows associated with the healthcare claim processing preferred
* Knowledge of broad range project methodologies and best practices for requirements definition and management including Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, and uses in the SDLC
* Communication (oral, written and listening), project management, analytic, organization, interpersonal, prioritization, multi-tasking, initiating, communication, planning and technical skills
* Ability to use software and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Project
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and cooperative relationships throughout the organization
* Ability to facilitate teams and client relationships to satisfy needs and identify improvements
* Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and follow-through
* Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects including continuous evaluation and re-ordering of priorities as business needs dictate
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers
* Ability to be flexible and creative in problem solving and identifying process improvements
* Ability to anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mind-set
* Ability to recognize and apply project management best practices to fit a variety of situations
* Ability to adhere to corporate work ethic standards
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
MultiPlan provides technology-enabled healthcare cost management solutions for commercial, government, workers’ compensation, auto, and property and casualty markets.