Datameer is a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with global offices across Europe backed by top tier investors including KPCB, Repoint Ventures, and Next World Capital among others. Our customers include the who's who of the fortune 100 and the list is growing!
We are an agile enterprise big data platform that fuels faster, trusted data-driven insights anywhere. Datameer's advanced data preparation, exploration, and governance functionality makes it easy to transform big data into curated data sets to feed any analytics initiative. Using a hybrid architecture that spans on-premises and the cloud, Datameer helps organizations deliver new insights in days and operationalize them immediately, increasing the agility and responsiveness of the analytics that drive the business.
Datameer is looking for a Mid-Level DevOps Engineer. This role is based out of our San Francisco office.
You will be helping to grow and maintain a worldwide back-end infrastructure to facilitate the success and growth of key products and research. Ideal candidates for this position will have heavy experience with AWS, Terraform, and Jenkins for CI/CD.
If you are looking to get your hands dirty implementing AWS instances from scratch in a fast paced and collaborative environment then apply now! Engineers in this position will get exposure to new technology in the cloud, container, CI/CD and configuration management spaces, as well as an accelerated growth path.
Required Skills & Experience
* 5+ years hands-on experience as a Linux System Administrator/DevOps in a mission critical environment (DataCenter including 24x7 operations)
* 2+ years experience working with automated configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible)
* Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis-CI
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, and Elasticache
* Experience deploying and configuring AWS services using tools such as Terraform, boto, Amazon SDKs, etc.
* Intimate knowledge of Linux or Linux-like systems administration, performance and filesystem tuning
* Extensive experience with common security, source control and administration tools including Git, VPN, Secure Shell, etc.
* Demonstrable understanding of common systems administration scripting languages such as Python 2.x/3.x, Ruby 1.8+, POSIX shell scripting, Windows shell scripting (powershell/cmd)
* Strong knowledge and hands-on experience related to mission-critical backup and recovery
* Strong ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Python, Ruby, or Shell)
Desired Skills & Experience
* Proven ability to work well in a crisis and under pressure
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Programming background in modern OO language
* Experience managing system configuration Chef and Ansible
* Experience with Ansible, Consul, Docker, Terraform, Vault, Continuous Integration/Deployment
* Experience with ELK stack logging.
* Database: MySQL, Mongo, Redshift
We are located in South Park near AT&T Park, minutes away from public transportation. We offer catered lunches, great benefits, plenty of snacks, a lot of coffee, and a collaborative working environment (plus a dog-friendly office!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Datameer is currently not supporting work VISAS.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.
Datameer is an analytics lifecycle platform that helps enterprises unlock all their raw data.