Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for a Manager, Programs Level 2 to support the Integrated Digital Systems business unit. The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for coordination and management of all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
* Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT)
* Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix
* Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
* Development and adherence to contract performance budget baselines utilizing Agile and Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies
* Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS)
* Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
* Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
* Development and delivery of presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders
* Knowledge and execution of a variety of program types (Demonstration/Proto-type/Demonstration, EMD, Production, and Sustainment) and contract types (FFP, CPFF)
* Proposal development / capture planning and strategy
* Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
* Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
* Development of customer relationships and cultivation of customer intimacy
* Bachelor's Degree and 6 years', or Master's and 4 years' experience supporting Department of Defense, Government contracts, or project management in other industries.
* Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
* Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal.
* The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
* The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
* The ability to recognize and respond to customer needs in order to develop additional sales that support organizational objectives.
* Experience in managing Agile software development process and achieve scope within cost and schedule constraints.
* Experience in managing subcontractor scope and relationships, as an IPT lead or supplier management team lead (SMT), in close collaboration with global supply chain, contracts and engineering.
* The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
* The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
* The ability to identify, orchestrate, coordinate and controls the management activities and processes that integrate program interdependencies throughout their life cycle to achieve successful program completion.
* The ability to plan and execute a project quality management system to satisfy quality requirements and create a project value system which emphasizes prevention over inspection and continuous process improvement.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.