Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Software Development Manager (Level 1) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers. As part of the modernization program, the Software Development Manager will maintain the vision for software development in alignment with the CSM program and ensure that this vision is adequately addressed and implemented consistently across all Project teams and efforts the manager is responsible for.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Assumes a technical leadership role for system and software delivery within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)-based team structure
* Works with solution train management to align team assignments with prioritized product backlogs and ensures customer priorities are addressed
* Works with architecture team to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements to acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
* Understands system and software requirements to ensure software compliance standards are addressed by agile teams
* Responsible for the direct supervision/management of agile team staff
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves team deficiencies
* Develops and recommends corrective actions as necessary
* Participates in customer planning sessions and project implementations
* Provides frequent inter-organizational and customer contact related to specific agile team work
* Acts as the line manager for agile teams responsible for conducting employee performance reviews, timesheet, and travel expense approvals, etc.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree in STEM and at least 10 years' experience
* 5 years technical lead/management experience with software engineering projects
* Program management experience as a line manager responsible for: employee performance reviews, timesheet and, travel expense approvals, etc.
* Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, implementation, test, integration, and maintenance
* Experience developing applications, services, and systems using agile methodologies
* Experience with application lifecycle tooling, including those related to agile project management, version control, continuous integration, code scanning, automated testing, and issue tracking
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to prepare briefings, proposals, and similar documents
* Active DoD Secret (or higher) clearance. An interim clearance may be acceptable.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Experience using engineering environments and tools that support Agile Software Development, such as IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM)
* Experience with SAFe Methodology on a program/project
* Holds a SAFe 4 certification
* Experience with Northrop Grumman employee management tools (EDA, MDA, Taleo, Concur, LX, etc…)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.