At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Electronics Hardware Architect to join our team of highly skilled and motivated engineers at Northrop Grumman's Autonomous Design Center of Excellence located in San Diego, California.
You'll be joining the Electronics & Payloads (E&P) organization. The E&P organization delivers innovative and effective ground and airborne mission subsystem and control solutions for our system operators' current and emerging missions, by utilizing industry leading processes and tools. E&P is responsible for many mission critical subsystems such as RF Communications, IP Networks, Radar, SIGINT, Electronic Warfare, EO/IR, Full Motion Video, Ground Moving Target Indicator, Weapons, Mission Management Computers, and Ground Control Systems.
The Principal Electronics Hardware Architect will develop and maintain detailed system architecture documentation for complex IT systems. The candidate will function as an interface between Systems Engineering and the Hardware Infrastructure teams. The selected candidate will develop and maintain Python scripts and UML diagrams to improve process efficiency and information flow between those teams.
* Collaborating with other engineers to architect a system to meet design requirements and stakeholder needs.
* Developing and releasing engineering documentation for detailed system architecture and requirements.
* Developing internal software tools to improve process of organizing, documenting, and visualizing information.
* Perform liaison duties to disseminate information to suppliers, customers, technology development partners, management and other Integrated Product Teams.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of Engineering experience or 3 years with a Master's Degree or 0 years with PhD in a STEM related field.
* Experience developing and maintaining detailed system architecture documentation for complex IT systems.
* Must have a current active in-scope DoD Top Secret security clearance for this position with the ability to obtain Special Program Access.
* Master's Degree in engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
* Familiarity with the following technologies: Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory, Fibre Channel Storage Area Networks, Layer 2 and 3 networking, VPN, IPSec, Storage technologies, UNIX, Linux, Glassfish, Docker, Virtualization, Physical and Cyber Security
* Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) / System Design Documents (SDDs) / Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) / Familiarity with Agile development methodology
* Familiarity with the following tools or languages: Python, UML, Sphinx, REST, YAML, Jinja
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.