Search for more jobs
MATLAB Indexing Software Engineer
* Job: 19771-MKAI
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
We are seeking a talented, self-motivated, and highly creative software engineer to join the MATLAB Language Indexing team. The team is responsible for improving and maintaining the core MATLAB components that implement and optimize the performance of MATLAB's indexing capability. You will have an opportunity to evolve critical components of the MATLAB core that will benefit thousands of users.
* Maintain, extend, and improve MATLAB's core indexing capabilities.
* Be responsible for the full software life-cycle from requirements gathering and high-level design, to coding, testing, debugging, performance improvement, and maintenance.
* Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality code that is correct, robust, efficient, and easy to maintain and extend.
* Re-design existing components to accommodate new requirements.
* Participate in, and contribute to, design reviews, code reviews, and project planning.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Proficiency in C++
* Some experience in object-oriented design using C++.
* Good project management skills.
* Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficiency in MATLAB is a plus.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.