* Job: 20797-MMCC * Location: US-MA-Natick * Department: Information Technology
The Commerce Applications team is looking for a Sr. Systems Analyst to: develop strong relationships with Finance stakeholders, take part in an ERP implementation project, and support a portfolio of custom web-based business applications used in quoting, ordering, and configuring licenses for MathWorks products.
* Develop relationships with business stakeholders; leverage these ties to understand of business priorities and pains * Analyze and document business requirements, key business models, and end-to-end cross-functional workflows * Translate requirements into clear and concise user stories * Propose solution designs, in collaboration with development teams and business analysts * Influence technical and business teams as needed to achieve short and long-term goals * Deliver business solutions as a member of an agile team comprised of business stakeholders, developers, quality analysts and usability experts * Proactively identify and advocate for systems and/or process improvements
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Demonstrated expertise eliciting business requirements and translating them into practical and clear user stories * Understands basic finance and accounting principles; has formal education or hands-on experience * Can represent a business point of view and explain requirement context to technical teams * Capable of doing impact analysis within the finance domain * Able to do complex data analysis and use data to substantiate recommendations * Understands relational database design and can read/write SQL
* Familiar with ERP systems (e.g. accounts payable/receivable, GL, tax, procurement); especially implementation experience * Prior hands-on experience as a developer, especially doing Java programming
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.