Search for more jobs
Developer - Jira & Internal Service Management Application
* Job: 20192-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
A talented developer and Jira administrator is needed to design and develop features, add-ons and integrations for our Jira implementation as well as Cherwell, our Enterprise Service Management/IT Service Management platform, and Nuvolo, our Enterprise Asset Management system built on the ServiceNow platform.
Bring expert level technical knowledge of Jira to do the following:
* Collaborate with developers, QE, DevOps, and user experience to manage the overall Jira Platform.
* Lead the change and release management team by planning features and upgrades as well as collaborating to define technical standards and best practices.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting for the Jira Platform and application.
* Develop and enhance Jira workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, customized pages for company-wide use.
* Use Jira Java and REST APIs/integrations
* Understand and develop with Script Runner
* Develop and deploy custom plugins for Jira as well as evaluate and install plugins from the Atlassian Marketplace
In addition, enhance and integrate our internal service management applications by doing the following:
* Evaluation and implement features and perform application upgrades
* Develop new features on these platforms
* Develop integration between applications at MathWorks
* Support our reporting needs using Power BI, Business Objects, and vendor supplied dashboard, query and reporting capabilities.
* Participate in SCRUM and Agile methods to ensure appropriate work planning
* Ensure code quality and participate in and lead code reviews
* Creative problem solving to address end user needs and resolve application issues.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
* Demonstrated experience in/with JIRA
* Demonstrated experience in/with SQL
* Knowledge of Jira system components and proven troubleshooting methodology
* Deep knowledge of ScriptRunner: writing and debugging scripts
* Proven ability to monitor and sustain Jira application health, performance and identify vulnerabilities
Other technical skills
* Experience with data integration tools such as BODI or SSIS
* Experience building and supporting integrations built on REST services
* Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
* Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional teams of developers, analysts and operations stakeholders
* Strong ability to communicate technical ideas and defend rationale for technical decisions
* Experience managing/supporting 3rd- party applications
* Experience working with Agile development processes (SCRUM)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.