Req ID: 48543
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
This role will be a key leadership role in the Boston Office. The successful candidate will:
* Report to Director of Engineering and SVP of Sabre Labs and Product Strategy
* Be responsible for identifying and growing distributed engineering teams
* Be capable of identifying and leading cutting edge cloud-based software development projects.
The candidate will possess the following characteristics:
* Experience with enterprise transactional and database software systems at scale
* Building and leading distributed engineering teams that tackle innovative enterprise software development problems end-to-end throughout the product life cycle
* Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally in order to achieve business results
* Proven ability to ship software, own problems, solve them creatively and be accountable to deliver results
* A strong passion to identify and solve real business problems - especially in the travel domain (ideally in B2B focused products in the areas of reservations and distribution)
* Ability to work independently with minimal or no direction
* Good presentation skills to explain complicated analytical solutions to a non-technical group of people, internal or external
* Hands-on architectural and coding experience is a strong-plus
* Creativity in using available tools and out-of-the-box thinking to provide the best solution to problems
* Persistence and willingness to learn and apply new techniques/new tools constantly
* Build and manage team(s) of software engineers, technical leads and managers to build out Sabre's new Travel Reservations and Distribution Platform
* Own the development process end-to-end (from requirements to design through deployment to production as needed)
* Collaborate with Sabre Research and Product Development organizations in Sabre Business Units and maintain a healthy pipeline of prototypes to solutions realizing business value for Sabre
* Assist with maintaining an engineering performance driven culture at the Boston Sabre Office in accordance with SabreNext Values.
Key technical qualifications:
* 5-10 years of managing multiple software engineering teams (with managers, technical leads) with 10-30 engineers
* 1-3 years of experience with Cloud based software development (AWS, Azure, Google) and experience with shipping products on such technologies
* 3-5 years of good programming skills, such as Python, C/C++, Scala, Java
* Knowledge of end-to-end software developing ranging from requirements gathering, estimation and planning, software development, QA and testing as well as deployment processes and tools associated with the same
* Working knowledge of enterprise software (and cloud) technologies - messaging, databases, front-end and back-end
* Working knowledge in scaling Machine learning solutions
* Working knowledge in large-scale/distributed and transactional systems and programming languages and with hybrid cloud container platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
* Able to use database query tools with SQL, Hadoop, NoSQL, HBase etc.
* Knowledge of airline and hotel reservation and distribution systems and related application software will be a huge plus for this role
* Strong ability to drive projects from the beginning to the end
* Strong analytical, process and technical documentation skills
* Strong communications skills with different levels in the organization and external customers as well as a business acumen to understand various types of business problems
* Experience working with teams who have deep systems programming and analytical skills
* Strong desire to learn new technologies and try implementing them
* Undergraduate (Graduate preferred) degree in a technical field, such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at email@example.com.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Developer, Computer Science, Manager, Database, Testing, Technology, Management
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.