Req ID: 48834
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Sabre is a global leader in the travel industry. We utilize innovative technology to deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
We're always looking for bright and driven people to join our team. If you're interested in solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and user experience - then Sabre is right for you!
The Sabre User Experience team creates compelling, consistent, and highly usable experiences for the travel industry. We approach our projects with high standards, utilizing best practices to deliver consumer-grade user experiences.
As a User Experience Lead, you'll be aligning team and departmental communication relative to your product and project teams. You'll engage your interaction design skills as part of a growing team of dedicated user-centered design professionals, working with developers and product managers on creating innovative user experiences across our portfolio. Your contributions play a critical role to the overall success of the project.
What you will do:
* Responsible for driving estimating and scheduling of user experience deliverables, aligning with business commitments of time/budget.
* Lead discussion on the vision and future state of the products you engage.
* Engage in early discovery and engagement planning activities with our customers.
* Demonstrate a high level of proficiency and application of different user experience tools and techniques.
* Collaborate with solution managers, business analysts, and development teams to define user goals and requirements for your product.
* Conduct research to understand the product, the user, business need and market opportunities with your project.
* Create initial design concepts that achieve stated user goals and business objectives.
* Learn, integrate and leverage our enterprise design library, aligning your project work with Sabre's design standards for usability, accessibility and functionality.
* Produce interactive prototypes aligning with project requirements and internal best practices for software application development.
* Participate in ongoing user research and usability test evaluations.
* Leads will work on complexity products/features individually or as part of a larger team. They will also be able to teach/lead others and interact extensively with product and development in project planning.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* 8+ years of related design and prototyping experience.
* Experience with designing and developing across multiple form factors (mobile, tablet and desktop).
* Partner with development on the technical aspects and overall execution of your designs, guiding them on the successful integration of our enterprise design library in their work.
* Collaborate with solution managers on user goals and requirements for our products.
* Demonstrates application of design thinking principles and methodologies.
* Demonstrated knowledge use of Axure, Sketch, InVision in previous projects.
* Experience conducting and/or participating in user research and usability testing.
* Front-end coding experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be a self-starter, willing to dig in and get their hands dirty.
* Industry certifications and academic achievements in UX, HCI and Usability are preferred.
* Project management skills and experience are a plus.
* Front end HTML/CSS/JS experience is a plus.
* Travel-industry experience is a plus.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at email@example.com.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: Developer, Testing, Application Developer, User Experience, Project Manager, Technology
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry.