At Pfizer we make medicines and vaccines that change patients' lives with a global reach of over 780 million patients. Pfizer Digital is the organization charged with winning the digital race in the pharmaceutical industry. We apply our expertise in technology, innovation and our business to support Pfizer in this mission.
The Digital Solutions and Enablement (DSE) team creates comprehensive technology solutions for our external customers. This includes all digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & devices) products, platforms, services and experiences in service of:
* Patients and Caregivers
* Clinicians & Study Participants
* Payers, Hospitals, Pharmacies, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Government Health Systems and Institutions
Solutions teams within DSE are driven to ensure that every health system stakeholder is given easy access to the information and tools they need to manage the best possible outcome for patients.
Opportunities exist for DSE in many disciplines including web, mobile, artificial intelligence, and the electronic medical record (EMR) space to empower our stakeholders through seamless user experiences to support the detection, diagnosis, access and adherence for patients in their health journeys.
We seek qualified individuals to join us in our mission to fulfill our company's purpose as we advance breakthroughs that change patients' lives by ensuring they have access to quality healthcare services and Pfizer's medicines and vaccines.
The DSE Solutions Developer is the technical member of a scrum development or project team using appropriate methodologies (agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.) to provide continuous delivery of digital experiences across the relevant customer types. These customer types could include Patients and Caregivers, Healthcare Professionals, organized customers like Hospitals or Pharmacies, or internal Pfizer colleagues. They are embedded in a team focused on one of these customer types and work closely with the Product and Solution Lead, scrum master, project manager, lead engineer and other developers, client partners, vendors and others to accomplish the team's and the organization's goals.
The solutions developer is responsible for delivering high quality software and solutions. This role requires strong collaboration across the team of other engineers, analysts, user experience and managers. It also requires the ability to work independently with a focus on high quality deliverables and a strong sense of accountability. The role requires a strong desire for continuous learning to stay current with the rapidly evolving technology landscape and significant attention to detail and quality.
* Develop, maintain and improve new and existing software solutions
* Collaborate closely with other engineers and team leaders to become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
* Perform stringent testing of code written, including designing and writing automated tests to allow for continuous delivery
* Deliver high quality code and solutions with a strong sense of accountability
* Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
* Acts as mentor to more junior developers and performs tasks such as peer code reviews, providing feedback and corrections as necessary
* Helps the team embrace agile core values, adopt and apply those principles, and implementation practices.
* MINIMUM: BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and relevant technical experience with emphasis on software development and maintenance.
* 5+ years' experience in web and software development
* Experience in modern software development technologies, including distributed versioning systems, continuous integration/deployment, automated testing and Agile programming practices
* Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
* Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
* Strong attention to detail with high standards of quality and customer value
* Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to take ownership of issues
* Experience with Payers, Pharmacies or Hospitals and related systems and data types
* Experience in the Pharma industry
* Experience with AWS and demonstrated understanding of cloud application architectures
* Familiarity with modern application frameworks and tools such as node.js, Angular.js, Java, Laravel, Ionic, Drupal, Swift, kotlin, python, Vue.js.
* Familiarity with modern application frameworks and tools such Proven capability leading projects in an Agile/DevOps environment
* High proficiency and proven successful delivery of experiences using Agile development, especially scaled agile and lean techniques and methodologies (Disciplined Agile, SAFe, etc.)
* Line management experience in a global organization with demonstrated career development and coaching expertise, including performance management, succession planning and new hire planning
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Travel will be required as part of this role. Expectations around travel will vary but candidates must be capable of travel within the region, to other regions, and to Pfizer World Headquarters.
* Business Technology is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: June 26, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.