The Digital Solutions and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at Pfizer.
In addition, the DS&E team is accountable for our Marketing Technology (Martech stack) inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
We are accountable for all Marketing Technology inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
We deliver the digital assets our business needs in order to deliver our mission of patient value via groundbreaking commercial and technical solutions.
As a Release Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that complex technical changes are successfully planned and executed for assets managed on our Web Publishing Platform (Edison).
Edison powers all of Pfizer's web properties, self service content publishing capabilities & enables Pfizer to publish hundreds of new websites a year and support thousands of updates to existing assets.
Edison comprises technology stacks plus operational and solution delivery processes for Drupal (Open Source CMS) plus Static Sites (generated via JAM stack architectures).
Working with a talented team of technical experts, you will play a critical part in maintaining the integrity and stability of systems that help drive forward the programme of digital transformation that empowers Pfizer's customer-oriented vision.
We require an individual with a proven ability to design and manage effective release processes and quality assurance controls that provide stakeholders with confidence in our systems.
* The projects you will be helping manage are often complex and global in nature. To ensure their success you will be expected to:
* Acquire a thorough understanding of the applications and platforms that the team supports, and the business environment in which they are used.
* Establish close partnerships with relevant Platform Engineering and Operations colleagues to ensure alignment in all areas of development strategy, process, operational needs, DevOps culture and other areas relevant to excellence in the asset lifecycle of assets in the portfolio.
* Agree scheduled release dates/windows with project leads and stakeholders, for both production environments and non-production environments (where appropriate).
* Embrace a DevOps mentality and ensure the model's success, building a culture of shared responsibility and transparency leading to higher quality and far quicker delivery of output. Take part in the culture of measurement, learning and feedback.
* Adopt best practice deployment procedures and processes to assure quality releases, making clear to relevant project team members the release deliverables that are required and the quality gates that must be passed prior to release.
* Identify deployment risks, deciding which risks are acceptable, and putting in place risk mitigation plans for those that are not acceptable in collaboration with other colleagues and teams as needed.
* Conduct release readiness reviews and go/no-go reviews, ensuring early life support processes are in place.
* Govern the deployment of the release and handover of documentation such as training materials.
* Finalise release activities, checking all records are updated, and creating release summary reports for the project team/stakeholders.
* Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead.
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a release manager, working with technical teams of contract or colleague resources
* Minimum of 2 years recognised experience with Drupal (7 and 8 at minimum).
* Demonstrable experience operating in a DevOps environment.
* Demonstrable experience of modern software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing..
* Demonstrable understanding of code versioning tools such as git.
* Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), GitHub an asset.
As above and including Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships and forge strong interdiscipline processes and procedures.
Excellent skills in planning, analysis, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation, and the ability to readily learn a new technical/business area.
Proven capability managing releases in an Agile/DevOps environment
Previous experience in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment is a bonus.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Travel will be required as part of this role as it is a virtual position. Expectations around travel will vary but you will need to be capable of travel within the region and to other regions.
* Our business is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may on occasion require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: July 3, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.