The Digital Solutions and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at Pfizer.
In addition, the DS&E team is accountable for our Marketing Technology (Martech stack) inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools
We deliver the digital assets our business needs in order to deliver our mission of patient value via groundbreaking commercial and technical solutions.
The Senior Manager, Project Management provides project leadership within the Digital Platforms, Engineering, Operations & Rapid Response Team and specifically for our Web Publishing Platform, Edison.
Edison powers all of Pfizer's web properties, self-service content publishing capabilities & enables Pfizer to publish hundreds of new websites a year and support thousands of updates to existing assets.
Edison comprises technology stacks plus operational and solution delivery processes for Drupal (Open Source CMS) plus Static Sites (generated via JAM stack architectures).
You will work with a hardworking team of functional/technical experts and be accountable for the delivery of key projects that advance Pfizer's customer-orientated digital transformation.
This position requires a highly capable, ambitious individual with a validated ability to lead business critical projects that meet and exceed expectations.
* The projects that are led by this role are often complex and global in nature. To ensure their success you will be expected to:
* Communicate clearly and concisely with business stakeholders outside of the technology group, establishing governance frameworks, setting expectations, and guiding decision-making based on a deep understanding of stakeholders' requirements and their future roadmap.
* Have a comprehensive knowledge of project management methodologies, using these to create/manage project plans, establish key milestones, and ensure appropriate resourcing (recognising and exploiting opportunities for team members to extend/improve their skillsets).
* Understand the projects' functional/technical requirements and provide leadership to the functional/technical teams, helping them to tackle some of the more complex challenges and engendering a collaborative, knowledge sharing environment.
* Identify and track risks to the project, deciding which risks are acceptable, and putting in place risk mitigation plans for those that are not acceptable (communicating these to stakeholders in a coherent manner).
* Accommodate change, both from business stakeholders and from within the technology group, making appropriate preparations and advising on impact/opportunities.
* Actively promote projects outside of the technology group, broadening awareness of applications/platforms, and supporting stakeholders' endeavours to communicate these capabilities to their peers.
* Continuously drive process improvement to ensure high quality outcomes, advocating use of new techniques and technologies where appropriate (e.g. automated testing strategies), and sharing ideas with other project teams within the technology group.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
* A Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 7 years meaningful experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead.
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a project manager, leading functional/technical teams of contract or colleague resources.
* Evidence of progression through roles to a level with validated team management experience
* Experience with Software Development Lifecycle management, including production system maintenance and operation.
* Experience with software project delivery concepts including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
* As above and including a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
* Experience and knowledge of operating in a DevOps environment.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
* Excellent skills in planning, analysis, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation, and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
* Validated capability leading projects in an Agile/DevOps environment.
* Project delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment is a bonus.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel will be required as part of this role as it is a virtual position. Expectations around travel will vary but you will need to be capable of travel within the region and to other regions.
Our business is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may on occasion require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: July 3, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.