Whether aloft in the skies aboard a fighter jet protecting the skies or an airborne surveillance platform monitoring developments on the ground, Raytheon's Secure Sensor Solutions mission area is responsible for providing advanced capabilities for multiple types of tactical aircraft and other platforms. We provide the most advanced systems to navigate in challenging environments, and identify and discriminate friendly and foe objects.
Part of Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems business, S3 provides capabilities that enable critical tasks---from target identification, aircraft navigation, and target engagement.
With our systems, warfighters know where they are going and what they are going to do when they get there.
The GPS & Navigation Systems (GNS) product line is responsible for providing U.S. and coalition forces with accurate GPS navigation capability to successfully achieve their missions-free of disruption and jamming. GNS solutions equip manned aircraft, unmanned systems, precision weapons, and ground systems specializing.
These products include anti-jam systems, integrated GPS/INS navigators, high performance Selective Availability Anti-Spoof Module (SAASM) receivers, and Military Code (M-Code) receivers.
#Guiding the mission
* The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center, GPS and Navigation department has an immediate opportunity for a Section Manager in support of the GPS and Navigation (GNS) programs. The Section Manager performs direct line management activities and provides leadership for approximately 15 Systems Engineers with background in GPS and GPS aided navigation systems.
* The section will be responsible for the GPS product development through the entire product lifecycle, Production support and Proposal efforts. The Section will be comprised of engineers that have backgrounds that range from requirements development, design, Integration, Verification, Validation, Integration & Test and modeling and simulation skillsets. The Section Manager will be responsible for the technical quality of all work products while assuring that work efforts conforms to the respective program's schedule and budget plan.
* The Section Manager interacts frequently with the Department Manager, Chief Engineers, IPTLs, external customers, and other members of the leadership team. Approximately, 75% of the Section Manager's time will be devoted to direct program work while the remaining time will be allocated to the role of a Functional manager.
* The Section Manager needs to be an effective communicator, leader and decision maker, and a strong advocate for process improvement, diversity in the work force and high professional standards. Additionally, the Section Manager must support the Department Manager in bidding new GNS pursuits as part of the proposal development tasks. The candidate will ensure two-way communications for section members, serve as a day-to-day liaison to the programs, concerning assignments, performance and recognition.
Responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring the integrity of the systems engineering products, such as system plans and specifications, requirements allocation products, system architecture, design analyses, interface descriptions, vulnerability assessments, and verification products
* Working closely with the Program Manager, Chief Engineer, and functional management to ensure Systems engineering effort is planned, staffed, and executed to plan
* Integrating across functional boundaries (Program management, Customers, Security, Finance, Software, Systems, Hardware, Test Engineering and Operations) to resolve issues and ensure the systems engineering technical baseline is an optimal balance between cost, schedule, and technical integrity
* Developing systems engineering technical baselines and leading systems engineering content in proposal efforts
* Briefing senior management and customers on program progress and technical issues/corrective actions
Required Skills: (Make as explicit as possible. These should not contain comparative or non-objective skills.)
* Minimum 10 years of experience in electronics, system or software engineering, including experience leading projects from concept through implementation.
Desired Skills: (Can be comparative and subjective (if non-discriminatory). Need not be explicit and should not contain must haves, or required skills.)
* Experience in GPS, RF or Communication system design / development
* Strong judgment and decision making abilities on technical and programmatic issues.
* Experience leading proposals
* Ability to multi-task across several programs
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
142527BR 142527 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.