Seeking a highly motivated security professional to be COMSEC Manager for the El Segundo, CA location.
As the Secure Information Systems (SIS) El Segundo, CA COMSEC Manager the successful candidate will supervise a small team of COMSEC professionals, provide COMSEC guidance and establish local COMSEC policy. Connect with peers across Global Security Services identifying areas of improvement and disseminate best practices that align with SAS strategy and customer needs. The candidate must effectively manage all phases of COMSEC operations and account for all COMSEC documents, equipment and cryptographic key in strict conformance with NSA/CSS Policy Manual No. 3-16 and applicable operational security doctrine. The candidate will manage all aspects of the local team to include performance goals and reviews. The successful candidate must be a problem solver and work as a team when required. The ability to prioritize and communicate at all levels in a professional manner is required.
Conduct self-inspections, audits and perform investigation inquiries of all alleged COMSEC insecurities. Conduct briefings for senior management on problems encountered and identify resolutions based upon personal experience and working knowledge of COMSEC guidelines. Prepare for shipment, order, receipt for and maintain COMSEC equipment and encryption key and track supersession dates. Submit accurate and timely NSA accounting reports. Perform software upgrades to encryptors, secure telephone equipment, fill devices, and other COMSEC equipment. Author and provide targeted COMSEC training to Program Managers, engineers, and COMSEC users. Will work closely with government representatives, program engineers and National Security Agency (NSA) to identify the proper application of cryptographic key and validate COMSEC requirements. Support multiple U.S. Government contracts and Foreign Military Sales through the gate process with planning, scheduling, and arranging program specific COMSEC support ensuring COMSEC equipment reliability and availability.
Local travel required to other SAS locations as necessary.
* 6 years of communications security experience
* Current DoD Top Secret Clearance
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Knowledge of KIV, TACLANE, STE, vIPer, legacy cryptographic items and COMSEC physical security standards
* Ability to support occasional off-hours COMSEC work
* Excellent organizational skills to avoid disruption of Raytheon critical events.
* Excellent communication skills and coordination with information assurance and program management - written and oral
* Completion of COMSEC training IAEC2112 (ability to complete within six months)
* Experience with 6-digit COSMEC accounting
* Industrial Security Professional ® certification
* Ability to prioritize tasks and collaborate with many disciplines in a fast paced environment
* Highly flexible and responsive to program and manufacturing driven timelines
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field with four or more years of COMSEC experience
139604BR 139604 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.