Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is strategically investing in the commercially-proven business model referred to as DevOps, in order to support a rapidly changing customer acquisition environment. With DevOps adoption in mind, implementation of scaled Agile frameworks has been identified as an important business capability that will enable successful realization of DevOps in our strategic and high-visibility project environments.
The SAS DevOps Agilist (AGL) shall be performing a critical organizational change-agent role, in the context of a SAS DevOps business transformation, and shall be directly accountable to the SAS DevOps Business Transformation Lead. This dedicated role shall provide the experienced leadership necessary to drive the successful identification, proposing, baselining, on-boarding, and implementation of Scrum at Scale and SAFe Agile frameworks.
For new business proposal activities, the SAS DevOps AGL shall interface with SAS Business Development Lead Investigators, Capture Managers, and/or Capture Technical Leads, to help identify and shape opportunistic insertion of scaled Agile methodologies into our proposal offerings.
For new project start-ups and execution of DevOps life cycle activities, the SAS DevOps AGL will interface with project stakeholders (e.g. Program Manager, Chief Engineer, Product Owner, Scrum Master, Team Members) to accelerate stakeholder on-boarding and transition from knowledge to applied skill, with respect to the daily execution of scaled Agile activities, events, and development cycles.
The SAS DevOps AGL shall contribute to organizational improvement by documenting lessons learned with implementation scaled Agile frameworks in project environments. Furthermore, the SAS DevOps AGL shall interface with the SAS DevOps process engineer to ensure correct incorporation of project lessons learned back into the SAS scaled Agile process architecture, supportive of broader continuous improvement objectives.
The SAS DevOps AGL shall periodically travel to scaled Agile and DevOps oriented conferences, symposiums, and vendor sponsored events, to establish, maintain, and communicate to SAS Agile and DevOps practitioners, an understanding of the Agile and DevOps bodies of knowledge (i.e. principles, practices, and market solutions for infrastructure application tools and technologies).
In the context of Program Start-Up and Execution business life cycle activities, the SAS DevOps AGL will interface with program stakeholders (e.g. Program Manager, Chief Engineer, Product Owner, Scrum Master, DevOps Team) to accelerate Scaled Agile on-boarding and workforce transition from "knowledge" to "skill" with respect to these generalized Agile-oriented activities:
* scrum project baselining (e.g. product backlog definition),
* scrum management (e.g. story selection, refinements, point estimation) and Kanban management (e.g. workflow queue criteria),
* scrum sprint daily execution (e.g. satisfying "done" criteria) and Kanban daily execution (e.g. just-in-time methods promoting continuous flow),
* measuring and assessing scrum work progress (e.g. daily scrums, retrospectives) and Kanban work progress (utilizing Cumulative Flow Diagrams to manage workflow/queues),
* scrum sprint demonstrations/reviews (e.g. working feature functionality) to internal stakeholders and customers/end-users.
In the context of establishing and growing the SAS Business Transformation organization's bench-strength, the SAS DevOps AGL shall periodically travel to Scaled Agile and DevOps oriented conferences, symposiums, and vendor sponsored events, to establish, maintain, and communicate to SAS DevOps practitioners, an understanding of the evolving DevOps and Agile bodies of knowledge (i.e. principles, practices, and market solutions for infrastructure application tools and technologies).
* Minimum 10 years of career experiences directly involved with program/project technical management of multi-disciplined teams, with preferred emphasis on software-centric product development lifecycles employing agile or lean project management frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) and utilizing modern agile management technologies (e.g. JIRA application)
* Minimum 5 years of program experience in a Technical leadership role (e.g. Chief Engineer, IPT Leader, and/or Systems Engineering Lead)
* Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, solid judgment, reasoning, and decision making abilities
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance within one year of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Completion of 1 or more Raytheon technical development programs (e.g. Principles of Systems Engineering (PoSE), System Engineering Technical Development Program (SETDP)
Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
Bachelor Degree and 10 years of career experience OR Associates and 14 years of career experience OR HS Diploma and 18 years of career experience
138074BR 138074 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.