* Interact with various departments including, but not limited to, IT; Finance; Claims, Call Centers; and UM.
* Manages team of Data Analysts and Technical Analyst onsite and offsite.
* Provides day-to-day technical management and mentoring as required of the department staff.
* Coordinate and oversee report generation by team members and distribution schedule to ensure timely delivery to customers, ensuring the highest quality on every project/request. Responsible for error resolution, follow up and performance metrics monitoring.
* Provide peer review of critical reports and guidance on programming / logic improvements; provide guidance to team members in their analysis of data sets and trends using statistical tools and techniques to determine significance and relevance.
* Participate in and guide the design of large scale predictive and statistical models to predict future trends in cost, utilization and performance. Guide team members on appropriate writing skills for executive summaries tailored to the audience.
* Apply process improvements for the team's methods of collecting and documenting report / programming requirements from requestors to ensure appropriate creation of reports and analyses while reducing rework.
* Manage the creation of comprehensive workflows for the production and distribution of assigned reports; document reporting processes and procedures.
* Ensure Development, implementation and use of software and systems to support the department's goals.
* Lead efforts to create new databases and reporting tools for monitoring, tracking and trending based on project specifications.
* Build / Review data models for data analytics.
* Oversee development of ad-hoc and standard reports using Microsoft Power BI, Tableu, MS SQL, Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Medinsight, RxNavigator, data analytics on the Hadoop platform, ATScale, SSAS, PowerBI Cloud and other analytic / programming tools.
* Analyze and manipulate large dataset in Big Data environment using tools such as Scala, py/Spark, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), and Impala.
* Create comprehensive workflows for the production and distribution of assigned reports; document reporting processes and procedures.
* Assist with research, development and completion of special projects as requested by various internal departments, or in support of requests from regulatory agencies, contracting agencies, or other external organizations.
* Maintain SharePoint Sites as needed, including training materials and documentation archives.
* Demonstrate Healthcare experience in Quantifying, Measuring and Analyzing Financial and Utilization Metrics of Healthcare
* Progressive responsibilities in Data, Finance or Systems Analysis in a healthcare environment.
* 8 years of progressive responsibilities in Data, Finance or Systems Analysis in a healthcare environment.
* 3 years of experience with Spark, Python, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau (or equivalent).
* 3 years of experience with SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
* Big Data experience with: Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HIVE, Cloudera and or BI in Cloud.
* Azure Data Factory and Azure Analysis Services.
* Medical Economics and strong knowledge of Performance Indicators.
* Proactively identify and investigate complex suspect areas regarding medical cost issues.
* Apply investigative skill and analytical methods to look behind the numbers, assess business impacts, and make recommendations through use of healthcare analytics, predictive modeling, etc.
* Analysis and forecasting of trends in medical costs to provide analytic support for finance, pricing and actuarial functions.
* Multiple data systems and models.
* BI tools - SSIS, SSRS, ProClarity, MEd Insight, etc. Advanced Analytics, R Programming and Machine learning experience a plus.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Graduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
About Molina Healthcare
Molina Healthcare is a healthcare organization that delivers health care services and offers health information management solutions.