The Senior Linux and DevOps Administrator supports, configures, implements, and administers various Linux environments, physical and virtual servers, and various storage and backup technologies within Natera's infrastructure. This role will be part of an Infrastructure design and support team. Research and Engineering groups within Natera may rely on this role for advice, troubleshooting, standards, best-practices, etc.
* Work tightly with groups within and external to IT for best overall systems design and operations.
* Direct design and support responsibilities for specific production environments.
* Serve as a strategic and hands-on individual contributor resource.
* Part of an on-call rotation for critical business support.
* This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
* Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
* Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
* Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
* Bachelor's Degree in Technical field or equivalent.
* Certified Linux Administrator preferred.
* 8+ years designing and administering enterprise Linux environments.
* IT experience within a HIPAA controlled biotech, pharma or healthcare enterprise is preferred.
* Strong successful history of system and service monitoring and alerting practices.
* Strong operational history of system optimization and OS hardening.
* Strong history of Change-Control and Release-Control practices.
* ITIL practitioner certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of management.
* Strong knowledge of backup, High-Availability and DR strategies.
* Good understanding of Information Security and compliance considerations.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong teamwork style and behavior.
* Specific Technical/tools Knowledge and experience should include:
* Operating Systems: CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu Server.
* Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon RDS, OracleDB (suggested), Replication
* Scripting Languages: Bash, Python, Ruby, REST API.
* DevOps & Configuration Mgmt: Ansible, Cloud Formation, Docker, Rancher, Bamboo, Jenkins.
* Monitoring and Alerting: LogicMonitor, Nagios, Dead Man's Snitch, PagerDuty
* Storage: NetApp, SnapVault, SnapMirror, NFS, CIFS, ZFS.
* Backups: Commvault, BackupExec, Veeam, Zmanda ZRM.
* Amazon Web Services: VPC, EC2, AWSCLI, S3, GLACIER, LAMBDA, ELB, EBS, IAM, RDS.
* Virtualization: VMWare ESX, VCenter, VSphere, VMotion, VM Templates.
* HPC & Cluster Technologies: LSF, SunGrid, Moab, Slurm.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
* This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
* Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Natera (previously Gene Security Network) is a genetic testing company that operates a CLIA-certified laboratory.