Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has been committed to serving local and global communities by being a market leader in Investment Banking, Securities, Investment Management and Wealth Management services. Our belief that capital can work to benefit all of society inspires us to put our clients first, lead with exceptional ideas, hold our business to high ethical standards, and give back to communities around the world through philanthropy and public works. We have a smart casual dress code and operate under a philosophy that balances work with your personal life. Our people's talent, passion, and expertise is the fuel on which our organization runs, therefore, our people are our greatest asset. Diversity and inclusiveness is a critical component for our success and it is our priority to continue building a firm that values the unique background and identity of every one of our employees, thus enabling our people to bring their full, and best selves to work each day. Teamwork is the essence of our approach, and so are the values of integrity, excellence, and enabling our people to achieve at the highest levels. We invite you to learn more about our commitment to diversity and serving our community.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office.
The Production Support team is responsible for managing the production environment and ensuring the stability of applications used by Wealth Management financial advisors and Wealth Management Business and Operations teams of Morgan Stanley. The team is responsible for providing swift, courteous, and knowledgeable customer service to end users of the production systems. This position is focused on user and systems support, reaching out to end users with technical issues, monitoring systems alerts, and taking corrective action. Technical understanding is important as well as the ability to speak to users and understand their problems. In addition to direct user support tasks, the team performs infrastructure related tasks including process configuration, hardware capacity planning, event management, release work, and support tool development to ensure any repetitive tasks are packaged to remove any element of risk.
We are looking for a Production Support person who will be interfacing with other platform teams, defining business and functional requirements, driving issue analysis and resolution, recommending solutions, evangelizing corporate policies and standards, and helping to promote the overall program strategy. Although business knowledge is not an essential skill, understanding business demands help inform decisions in all areas of our team. The position offers an interesting mix of business and technical aspects. It is important to stress that strong interpersonal skills and team spirit are required in addition to the ability to proficiently deliver verbal and written communications. This is a team that works extensively with other IT members in all MSWM locations. This job demands strong work ethic and requires extensive hands-on, active participation
* Prior experience in Data Analysis and Traceability * Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously * Critical thinking and translation of business needs into technical requirements * Knowledge of data quality, policies and standards * Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy * Excellent written/oral communication skills and listening skills * Good interpersonal and consultative skills * Ability to analyze vague data inquiries and clarify specific tasks, next steps and deliverables * Excellent root cause analysis skills and problem-solving * Experience with metrics gathering, tracking, and reporting * Full systems development life cycle experience * Knowledge of technology system interfaces and data integration * Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Services * Writing queries in SQL * Bachelor's/Master's Degree from a top tier university
* Experience in financial services
* 5 years hands-on experience performing detailed analysis for complex data discrepancies
* 3 years of experience in system & application integration
* Data Conversion and Data Transport knowledge * Relevant Client and Account Opening/Maintenance knowledge and experience * Experience using Teradata and DB2
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.